Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HI just joined today page 2

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the explanation, Dave; it's really helpful. I've been on a lengthy plateau for some time now after having lost 50 pounds. I keep experimenting, trying to find a trigger to restart the downward trend. I've already lowered my caloric intake to the point that I think I shouldn't lower it any further. I already average 75% fat ratios. I keep my carbs well below 50 gms per day, often more like 30 gms. I need to increase my resistance training but I wasn't using proper form and damaged my elbow, which is just now healing nicely, so I'm mostly just making sure I walk 10,000 steps per day.

I see the miraculous results zero carbers are getting, and it's hard not to wonder whether that's the direction I should go. I already know that vegetables are unnecessary for health, but I love to cook and definitely enjoy variety in my meals. I'll have to think about that, as maybe that's part of the problem! LOL! Thanks again.

Hi Sharon I am glad to hear that you are healing up. I Tell You What: I got my annual test results back and I am perfectly healthy eating Zero Carb. My LDL was 141 if I remember correctly. I had a test called the VAP that measured the particle size of the LDL and the were "A" which is the good large fluffy variety. So no harm there. Everything else was in range. So far (ZC)ing has been oh so good to me and continues to be.

Here are a couple pictures:

[IMG]http://[/IMG] [IMG]

You can see what a difference I have gone through in only eight months. I have to be honest I have not done an ounce of exercise. I plan to, but I have not at this time.

Have a Great Day and Keep the Faith!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Last edited by The Chronicles of David; 02-26-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

http://zero-carb.blogspot.com/

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Dave have you ever gone to the zero carb forum at:

http://forum.zeroinginonhealth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicles of David View Post
    You can see what a difference I have gone through in only eight months. I have to be honest I have not done an ounce of exercise. I plan to, but I have not at this time.
    Your pictures are nothing short of amazing. You must feel so wonderful!

I'm going to put more effort into going zero carb during the day, and then maybe having some veggies (or not) at night, just for the simple pleasure of them. I'm down to only 2 oz of heavy cream per day in my coffee, so I'd just switch to black coffee. And bring cooked meat from home to eat at work. I do love eggs, and they're handy at work, so will likely continue to eat them. And then have meat and non-starchy vegetables for supper. I think that on a regime like that, I could easily keep my carbs to less than 10 grams per day. Maybe go up to 30 grams per day on weekends when I like to experiment a bit. Thanks for the inspiration!

Also just wanted to add that I got my cholesterol checked a month ago, after 1.5 years eating primally.

Total cholesterol: 265
    Triglycerides: 89
    HDL: 69
    LDL: 178

My doctor said: "Your cholesterol is way out of whack. I am suggesting a repeat test in 3 months. I would suggest medications to lower your cholesterol."

I'm reading Robb Wolf's new book, The Paleo Solution, and he talks quite a bit about "ancestral levels" and refers to the levels in newborn babies. Using those points of reference, he suggests that healthy numbers should be something like:
    Total cholesterol: 120-140
    Triglycerides: 50-80
    HDL: >50
    LDL: 40-70

I plan to go back for testing in about two months, but I want a VAP test this time, plus Hb1Ac and CRP. I know enough about LDL to know that my particles are likely the big, fluffy type, but my 178 is a far cry from the recommended 40 to 70. Granted, I haven't vetted Robb Wolf's cholesterol knowledge yet, but I can't help but think my numbers would be better if I went ZC for a while.
    Last edited by Sharonll; 02-26-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Added cholesterol bit

Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    Dave have you ever gone to the zero carb forum at:

http://forum.zeroinginonhealth.com/
    Yes, I am a member there. That is how I found details on (ZC)ing. Thanks for stopping by. Fight the Good Fight tapper47!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Hi Sharon, I do recommend the VAP. It put my mind a ease. I can only speak for myself, but dairy slows me down to a halt. Cut out all your dairy for a couple of weeks to a month and see where that takes you. The longer I did without dairy the less I craved it. Good luck with your experiments. I know I experimented a lot at the start and I found out that Fatty Beef and H20 works the best for me to lose weight. I can only speak for myself. Keep the Faith Sharon!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

All's Well that Ends Well

I thought I would share some good times I spent with some buddies yesterday. This is a post from my Zero Carb Blog:

Wow, what a Great reunion I had yesterday with my buddies. We ate and talked and talked and did I mentioned that we talked a little lol! They were amazed at my Zero Carb weight loss and made some nice comments to me.

We re-hatched a ton of old war stories. It brought back a lot of memories. We basically stuck with the good times and let the bad ones stay in the past where they belong. My oldest friend who was in attendance, but not part of that past told them all that he felt like he knew them all because of all the old war stories I would tell him.

At the end of the night I made everyone promise that it would not take this long to get together again. Too much time has gone by, so much lost time. We have so little ahead of us. I am the baby of the bunch. The others range from three to ten years older than me more or less. Man did I miss those guys. It felt Great and Weird being all together again. Two of them actually live relatively close to me. The other is on the other side of town, but not too far.

We took a few pictures during and towards the end of gathering. I almost did not want it to end. These were the people that kept me safe during times and that I kept safe during times. We watched each others SIX and we never let anyone out flank us.

The weather was Great. We ended up spending 90% of the time on my back patio with the tiki torches going and my water features on. they were impressed with the place and made a lot of gracious comments. They loved the food. I'm telling you these guys are the BEST. There is nothing like talking about old times with those who lived them with you. My friend that I have known the longest spent the night. He had some business in the area today. We chatted quite a bit this morning until he left around 10:30 am. He will try to make it back next weekend and may spend the night. These are my brothers now and forever.

Well, I did not weigh myself this morning because I forgot. I must have been preoccupied with my friend being over. I ate a steak and some snow crab. The only thing really out of place is that I ate around 7:30 pm which is really out of place for me.

I have decided to give the Fatty Beef Brisket a break. I crumbled around six pounds of Ground Beef and Ground Chuck about 50/50. I seasoned it up a little. I will be eating that for a while and see where it takes me. I have had success with it in the past. I just wanted a change. I don't know how long I will be eating it.

I hope everyone had a Great Weekend. Draw the Line, Face your Enemies, and Battle On!!!

(ZC)ers Together Forever

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

It sounds like you had a wonderful, memorable time with your friends, Dave. I hope you all manage not to let so much time go between you in the future.

I'm taking your advice on the dairy. We'll see how it goes, or to use your words, "see where it takes me."
    Thanks,
    Sharon
    P.S. (Just wanted to add, thanks for your friendliness even though I hijacked your thread. And, FYI, I just blogged about you this morning: http://blog.middlinplus.com/2011/02/...-of-david.aspx. Thanks for your inspiration.)
    Last edited by Sharonll; 02-28-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: had to add my postscript

Hi Sharon, I Tell You What: I am not going to let that happen again. We had way too much fun. Thanks for the gracious comments you made about me. That is appreciated. Good luck with the dairy.

I just updated my Zero Carb Blog and posted an all time low concerning my weight lol! I am so full of energy it is amazing!!! Fight the Good Fight and Battle On!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations! Your enthusiasm is certainly contagious. Exactly what I needed right now, so I'm really glad you decided to come on over to MDA.
    Thanks,
    Sharon

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast