Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Stomach? page

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member

Flat Stomach?

So, I started this primal thing in January. My waist measurement was 37", and now it's 33". That's pretty awesome, considering I've worked out once in that period of time. I've been noticing how much flatter it seems without that wheat belly. But I've noticed that most of the flatness is in my lower belly. My upper belly still protrudes a bit. In the name of vanity, I'd like to make it all flat. Are there any exercises that can help with that, or should I just keep on?

coach81 is offline Senior Member
    Stay the path.. it is working..

You cannot "spot" reduce fat.. it comes off slowly and the last place it will hang around is your waist and hips and thighs...

There are no "special exercises" that you can do to speed the process.. just keep at it, and have patience....

Congrats on your sucess!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coach81 View Post
    You cannot "spot" reduce fat.. it comes off slowly and the last place it will hang around is your waist and hips and thighs...

Congrats on your sucess!!!
    Yes, I've noticed I'm losing it from the top down.

Thank you!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Top down is how it will always go.

Like coach said you can’t spot reduce it just give it time. It wouldn’t hurt to do planks every now and then but this is NOT to reduce or burn fat but simply to engage your core and develop some of the muscle so that once the fat is lower you may see some definition in your abs.

It’s mostly diet related, hence your great progress despite almost complete lack of exercise.

I guess that's what I was wondering about. The lumpy belly look is just fat, and it's not caused by a lack of strength in my abs?

Great progress despite lack of exercise, but exercise could make it even MORE great, right?

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbwifemama View Post

Great progress despite lack of exercise, but exercise could make it even MORE great, right?
    For sure! Planks and side planks are great ab exercises for beginners. The key is to actually DO them.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

primaltreehgr is offline Senior Member
    i agree with al, planks and side planks are super and you can do them almost anywhere. . . but yeah the key is to actually do them. congrats on the inches lost so far! impressive considering your amount of exercise! i love the term "wheat belly"

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    For sure! Planks and side planks are great ab exercises for beginners. The key is to actually DO them.
    Yes, DOing them is my weak point. I hate to say this to you of all people, Al, but I hate to exercise as much as you like to.

Planks hurt my wrists- I have weak wrists from an injury as a kid- and suggestions for a replacement? Nm, I just watched the video. I can do forearm planks.

My core is my weakest, followed closely by my upper body. I think pregnancy had a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by primaltreehgr View Post
    i love the term "wheat belly"
    http://www.heartscanblog.org/2007/07/wheat-belly.html

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbwifemama View Post
    Planks hurt my wrists- I have weak wrists from an injury as a kid- and suggestions for a replacement? Nm, I just watched the video. I can do forearm planks.
    I have to do forearm planks even though I think the beginner move is on your wrists and knees and not forearms. I have an old elbow injury, and it hurts to put that much pressure on. When I do the forearm version, it doesn't hurt.

I do two sessions of LHT a week with my planks included, and it's definitely giving me some tone - now just have to get the flab off of the top of the toned muscle so I can see it more.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast