Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itching? page

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member

Itching?

Primal Fuel
    Alright people...I know this is going to sound weird but I haven't a clue what its about and thought maybe someone else out there was experiencing it.

Here it is: Lately...within the past few weeks...my midsection has been itching(????). I'm talking about right above my belly button. It spreads from side to side in the front and does not extend to my back. It is maybe a band about 3-4 inches wide. And it happens mostly in the afternoon on work days when I'm at my desk, sitting. And it is gone when I get up and do something else.

Now, I know the "simple" answer is to say..."Well, its because you are sitting you nummus". But I have been sitting like this in this same manner nearly everyday for ~ 18 years of my working career. So, why would it start now???

Alternate hypothesis....could it be body fat metabolism going on around my belly (if so, YES!!!). Has anyone else ever experienced this??I know its weird....
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

theholla is offline Senior Member
    For a while after going Primal, I was experiencing something similar, though it was more of a tingling sensation. I would get it during the evenings while preparing dinner, which definitely involved moving around. I'll be very curious to see if anyone knows about this!
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Yes!! Its more of a tingling sensation. Not true "itching"....

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    I've definitely noticed some itchiness. It's usually around my midsection or on the sides of my thighs. It's usually in my fattier areas so I was thinking maybe it has something to do with fat loss? It's inconsistent and not really a bother so I don't think much of it. I wonder if this is more common than I thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i've had this happen to me too. i actually thought it was an issue from a disc in my back pressing on a nerve and the sensation just wrapping around me (it started around the same time i was getting treated for back pain/disc issues...which was also when i started losing weight). it must have something to do with weight loss...shrinking fat cells, skin elasticity? it definitely feels like it's on the skin for me; not internal.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've gotten this, but I usually attributed it to my body trying to make me get up and move around.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Wow. I thought I had this because I moved from a humid to much drier climate. I've noticed it in my legs and back, mostly, which is where I've noticed most fat reduction, some in the tummy region though not as much.
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i have read it can be due to innflammation and OD-ing on fish oil...yes, ill try and find the source

also, could be like a yeast/fungus die off reaction.... adequate vitamin C?
    Last edited by MalPaz; 02-25-2011 at 08:30 AM.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    So weird! I'm really glad you brought this up, Nacho!

Hm...definitely not OD-ing on fish oil for me, since I don't take any (unless you can OD on oily fish, in which case I'm an ideal candidate, haha!) Will definitely look into the yeast thing though...
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

I take fish oil everyday to even out my Omega 3:6 ratio. I have been taking 3600mg (3.6g) as 3 x1200mg capsules in the morning. Weird...

@Malpaz...not sure about yeast/fungus die off reaction. Are you saying something in my diet is killing off yeast/fungal infection? My skin in the area for which I feel the tingling/itching looks no different than anywhere else on my body.I wouldn't suspect any kind of infection on my skin in this area.And if its an internal infection, I believe I would definitely feel some other symptoms. The tingling/itching is all I feel. No sickness.

My personal opinion, and I am by far no expert, is this is something related to metabolism change.Just a feeling I get...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast