Thread: Lethargic muscles page

chorizo is offline Junior Member

Lethargic muscles

Primal Fuel
    This is my first post and I feel great so far. I just love the cookbook. As far as fitness I'm concerned with my 16 yr old son. He plays lacross and football and suffers from what he calls "lethargic muscles". Says he doesn't feel good till the second half or so. He looks like he's in shape but his cardio sucks and gets winded easily till the second half of the game. I don't really notice except he doesn't run back to the huddle sometimes.

I think its diet related with carbs/ sugar. Hes a teenager and eats and eats constantly.

My question is any problem with a 16 yr old following PB diet? Also any good speed/ cardio ideas would be appreciated.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I had this problem for years. For me this resolved with the following:

1. Testing Vitamin D levels and supplementing up to normal levels.
    2. Mg oil application every night
    3. Potassium supplement. This one is hard, tastes horrible, but really helps. Maybe increased potassium rich foods would work in lieu of supplementation for him.

How long has your son been having this problem? Did it start with going primal? Could it be carb flu? Has he been checked by his physician?

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chorizo View Post
    suffers from what he calls "lethargic muscles"... Hes a teenager and eats and eats constantly.
    It may just be growth hormones.

He plays lacross and football and... Says he doesn't feel good till the second half or so.
    Possibly over training by coaching folklore.

Also any good speed/ cardio ideas would be appreciated.
    This is probably the best time for your son to start strength training seriously.

Gundersen observed their nuclei directly with specialized microcameras, and found that although the mice lost muscle mass, they still maintained the muscle nuclei. Those nuclei give the muscle a head start when training resumes.

"Speed" is usually skills related. Train the skill that he wants to get better at.

chorizo is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey thanks for the replies.
    My son says he has been having lethargy for 3 years or so.
    He has not gone totally primal but really likes all the meat Ive been cooking.
    Just dawned on me it might be sleep apnea or at least poor sleeping habits.