Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mary's Little Lamb Chop page

Prime is offline Senior Member

Mary's Little Lamb Chop

Primal Fuel
    Feast your eyes upon this medium-rare pan-fried lamb loin chop. OH YES.

Folks, I don't know what came over me. I was gnawing the meat off the little bone. Sucking the steak sauce off the freakin' plate.

I've done it! I'm only 3 days into my 30-day challenge, and I'm feeling confident. Is it just me, or is 90% of "going Primal" figuring out what the heck you're gonna eat?? For all you folks out there making the vegetarian transition, fear not. Keep trying different meats, cuts, and cooking methods until you rediscover your omnivorous self.
    Attached Images Attached Images

marielle is offline Member
    That's funny, I just finished a super delicious lamb shoulder with sauteed onions and steamed brussel sprouts for dinner. It's a night for lamb, I guess.

Primalvore is offline Senior Member
    Lamb is my favorritteee meal now

From my blog:

"I think my favorite meal MIGHT be lamb. I love the slightly gamey taste. And I love having to pick it up with my hands and gnaw the meat off the bone. Screw decency."

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Apparently I should try lamb sometime.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Prime is offline Senior Member
    The thing about lamb is to NEVER cook it past medium-rare... this is about 140 degrees internal temp after the resting period. Pick a good loin or rib cut and you'll never look back. It's an amazing meat. Can take just about any spice you throw at it, or none at all!

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    I love Lamb! So fatty and delicious! I buy two 16 ounce thick NZ Lamb Shoulder Arm Chops from my butcher every week. So thick, fatty, and delicious! I love sucking the bones, and eating the marrow! I cook my chops rare-medium rare. I tried the Lamb Loin Chops (expensive but worth it), and it is truly amazing! This is what being Primal is about!
    Last edited by Zed; 02-24-2011 at 10:45 PM.

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    I've never been able to get past that game-y taste of lamb... is it an acquired taste or should I just try different cooking methods? Bear in mind, I'd never tasted lamb until I was 21 so I'm not accustomed to it's flavour. I'd love to enjoy it more, especially given the suppliers of organic, pastured lamb around here.

Paleobird Guest
    If you do a crock pot slow cook technique on lamb shanks or a leg of lamb roast it takes the edge off the gamey-ness. But then I think gamey=yummy.
    I just had leg of lamb for dinner. Nommm.

Pookie is offline Member
    I love lamb, usually get when I have Indian foods, but I cannot stand the sheep smell cooking it at home, makes me gag. And Im not squimish at ALL, I'll eat anything! But that smell just hits me.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Love lamb! Had a great lamb curry earlier in the week and just polished off a lamb leg chop, coated in "bread crumbs" made from ground cashews and chipotle seasoning, fried in butter and served on a mixed salad - yum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast