Thread: Houston-area Groks and Grokettes! You want summa dis.....cow?

Houston-area Groks and Grokettes! You want summa dis.....cow?

Shop Now
    A buddy and I are planning on purchasing a portion of a grass-fed beef cow.

We're splitting an 1/8 cow at about $5/lb but there is a larger discount for a larger portion of beef (up to $3/lb for a whole cow + processing) and I wanted to see if anyone else in the area might be interested.

I'm looking at the Cow Pooling plan offered by Georgia's Farm-to-Market over off I-10. I'm in NW Houston and he's in Mid-town.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I will figure out how to get things organized.

wish I were closer...
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Bueller...? My buddy is Grokking about Alaska with his old man so we are probably a few weeks from doing this. I'll check in from time to time if anyone gets interested in joining in with us.

Shop Now
    I realize that I am a year and a half too late for your offer; however, I was wondering how well the cowpool worked for you. I just read of this and it sounds great.

BTW, I'm in the greater Houston area as well, so if this is something you will be doing again, I may throw in with you, if that is an option.

Thanks.