Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: When you know better, you do better: Metismomma's journal page

Metismomma is offline Senior Member

When you know better, you do better: Metismomma's journal

Primal Fuel
    Meh, I couldn't think of a really good catchy title

Its been almost a year but I'm finally making a journal. My goals in regards to Primal:
    -Get more energy
    -get mah groove back
    -shrink a size...
    <.<
    >.>
    -get rid of my stupid stuffed nose. If I could cut the damn thing off I would.
    -pull-ups. One day. I need some place to do them.
    -Successfully IF
    -get into ketosis...maybe...I dunno.
    and because I forget:
    RULES of PRIMAL LIVING
    1)eat lots of animals, insects and plants
    2)move around a lot at a slow pace
    3)lift heavy things
    4)run really fast every once in awhile
    5)get lots of sleep
    6)play
    7)get some sunlight every day
    8)avoid trauma
    9)avoid poisonous things
    10) use your mind

Going to try to be a little stricter on this, because I slack on almost all on a regular basis.

So far today!
    1) I had coffee with lots of whipped cream and stevia. Thats it. My tummy isn't happy but I'm not hungry. I mean, my stomach is growling but I don't have the "OMG I NEED FOOD" thing going on. I better eat before it does.
    2)Nope. I don't work today and its -27c. Moving slowly will consist of housecleaning.
    3)I have 2 kids that like to be carried. They may or may not be lifted today. I will do my arms workout today though.
    4)I did the tabata workout for youtube :you have 4 minutes
    5)HAHAHAHAHHAH*gasp* HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! /wipe tear from eye...*chuckle* HAHAHHAHAHAhaha *coughgagcough*
    6)I'll play warcraft later, does that count?
    7) -27c. I will take vitamin D per usual
    8)I'm staying inside, so trauma avoided!
    9)we'll see...
    10)looking up information about Budwig mix for a customer, reading up on L-Tyrosine and L-Glutamine, looking up information for a customer about ProArgi9(L-arginine supplement) and her particular health maladies. So yes, lots of brain using today. Also trying to keep 2 little girls from killing each other.
    Calm the f**k down.

batty is offline Senior Member
    FIRST.

its about time

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    You posted somewhere else about Neti pots trying to kill you.

I have the same problem. I used the NeilMed squeezy bottle for a bit, and I now have the Sinusense thingy that's battery operated - just pull the trigger and lean over the sink.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's about damn time. Welcome aboard the world of the journals!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I should really add in some health/life history too, I guess.
    Ok! I have issues. Lots and lots of issues. Readers Digest amount of issues...or maybe I don't...hmmm

I grew up on a mini farm. We had no indoor plumbing or heating, hauled snow in the winter for water/hauled wood for fire. We raised chicken, pigs sometimes, ducks and geese a couple times and always had dogs or cats. My Dad used to hunt for most of our meat and was a trapper during the winter. We always had a garden. Picked lots of berries, and dried meat. We were pretty much dirt poor. I was raised on a Metis settlement, consisting of 400 people on a huge plot of land so my closest neighbour was about a 1/4 mile away and that was in town. We lived across from a cow pasture! IN TOWN! Yeah, it was small.
    My sister was born with 1/2 of a thyroid, so thyroid issues have always been on the forefront of my mind. My mother has recently found out she is diabetic (its been a couple years now) and is managing her type 2 diabetes well. There were a ton of signs that pointed to her becoming diabetic. She gained a lot of weight, all in her belly. She had yeast infections constantly, she would diet and never lose weight, her cholesterol and blood pressure( which used to be very low) were high. I've sent her "Fat Head" and "Protein Power" to see if it will help.
    So now, I worry about diabetes a lot.

I'm still recovering from disordered eating. I managed to starve myself down to 100lbs and thought, thats just not good enough! I need to be 90lbs. But I couldn't do it anymore. I ended up binging and regaining about 15lbs. That was 20 years ago and I still find myself falling into those thought patterns. Primal is probably the closest I have come to normal eating.
    I have little motivation, or energy and I have very little sex drive. I figured out that I have adrenal fatigue. Or so I thought...It might be my thyroid after all.
    I had great success with Primal during the summer. My TSH went from 2.9(? I can't remember anymore) to 1.19(? again, can't remember) either way, it was an improvement. My hair started falling out like crazy but it was coming in soft and shiny. My vitamin D lvl went from 39 to 102 (around 50ng/l)
    Now? My hair is starting to get dry again, starting to fall out again, my energy is dropping, not to mention I have a huge white streak down the middle of my head. Another issue of mine, white hair.
    I don't get much sleep since I have a 3 year old that loves to co-sleep but has been waking up at 4 in the F*CKING MORNING!! WTH! I miss 5 am, I never thought I would but I do. I really really miss 7am though..good times, good times. Working on kicking her out of bed, and into her own. Also working on weaning her from breastfeeding. I loved breastfeeding her but I'm done.
    I've been taking supplements to try to help with oh so many issues... I take:

A good multi-vitamin once a day.
    5k ui vitamin D3
    B50 vitamin complex once a day
    Betaine to increase stomach acid
    Maca to help support my adrenals and to get my bow-chickbow-wow back

I work at a health/bulk food store. I have access to too much stuff, like vitamins and candy and nuts. The candy is killing me...did I mention its in bulk? And its assumed that we are going to sample and thats ok? Also have access to a lot of stress. People come in wanting us to be their doctors or they come in with some crazy ideas of how to heal themselves or damage themselves more. It gets frustrating.
    I don't exercise enough. I'm now working on a 3 day cycle ofay 1 arms/ Day 2 legs/ Day 3 stretching. Day 4 is rest day.

Yesterday I was reading up on L-Tyrosine and it could be something I should be taking. I fit almost all of the deficiency symptoms so it makes me really hopeful! But I've been down this path before so I'm not going to get too excited.
    Calm the f**k down.

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    You posted somewhere else about Neti pots trying to kill you.

I have the same problem. I used the NeilMed squeezy bottle for a bit, and I now have the Sinusense thingy that's battery operated - just pull the trigger and lean over the sink.
    I find I can't breath at all and I feel stuffed up after I use one. The first time I did it, nothing came out! Oops. Turns out my head wasn't upright enough but it started pouring out when I lifted my head up. When I do use it correctly (heh) my sinuses feel full, rather than cleared. Its not pleasant. I don't know if the Sinusense thingy (good term ) would help with that? What do you think?
    Calm the f**k down.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I feel your pain with the neti pots. I use the Neilmed squeeze bottle and that works better. I also get that full sinus feeling after using it. I also sleep with Breathe Right strips on my nose and those sometimes help. This is why I plan on moving to a drier climate. Nice journal!!!
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    I find I can't breath at all and I feel stuffed up after I use one. The first time I did it, nothing came out! Oops. Turns out my head wasn't upright enough but it started pouring out when I lifted my head up. When I do use it correctly (heh) my sinuses feel full, rather than cleared. Its not pleasant. I don't know if the Sinusense thingy (good term ) would help with that? What do you think?
    If I don't lean forward over the sink, it all goes down my throat and tries to come out my mouth. When I've been REALLY bad, I've been known to use Afrin before to clear a channel. The Sinusense thingy does the same thing as the Neilmed - you keep your head upright while you're doing it, and it's a lightly pressurized stream.

Does hot steam do anything to break it up? I take mine in the shower with me sometimes.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I have noticed that if the water is lukewarm, it works better for me.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I have noticed that if the water is lukewarm, it works better for me.
    I can't imagine doing it with cold, and a friend who didn't listen to me about making sure it's not too hot was apparently cussing me out for a bit after he did it...

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast