Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: When you know better, you do better: Metismomma's journal page 3

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    /wanders back to Batty's
    I gotta warn you, I'm don't eat bananas...do you have any bacon?
    Calm the f**k down.

/comes running back
    I forgot to do the rest of journalling!
    2)not much moving today, or yesterday. cleaning was done but its not my usual hour of walking to and from work and walking all day.
    3)I lifted child and myself. Going to do arms today. rest day yesterday.
    4)tabata workout yesterday and today. They're addictive!
    5)yesterday no, last night, sort of. went to bed at 9pm, tossed and turned until around 10:30, was woken up at 1am and slept from 2-7am. Could be better
    6)Yesterday no. Today...
    7) Blizzard...I know there is sunlight somewhere. Wth is with all the blizzards? 5k vitamin D
    8)baby slide down stairs yesterday stairs=7, family=0 grrr..
    9)licorice cigars count? I know pizza does :/
    10)probably. I can't remember.
    Ok done!
    /runs to catch up with Batty.
    Calm the f**k down.

macros from yesterday:
    1650cal, way too many carbs(over 200g eep!) enough said. It was 44% of my calorie intake.

Surprise, Surprise! I'm another lb. 3 lbs in 3 days. Since my typical weight is 123, this is 5lbs total. I don't gain weight like this. I hover in between 122 and 125 all the time. Have for the past 6 months. real scratch head stuff.
    Heh, the last time I gained weight like this, I was pregnant...heh....*panic attack* I better get my damn period soon!
    Calm the f**k down.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    /wanders back to Batty's
    I gotta warn you, I'm don't eat bananas...do you have any bacon?
    you have just inspired me to make a bacon banana boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    macros from yesterday:
    1650cal, way too many carbs(over 200g eep!) enough said. It was 44% of my calorie intake.

Surprise, Surprise! I'm another lb. 3 lbs in 3 days. Since my typical weight is 123, this is 5lbs total. I don't gain weight like this. I hover in between 122 and 125 all the time. Have for the past 6 months. real scratch head stuff.
    Heh, the last time I gained weight like this, I was pregnant...heh....*panic attack* I better get my damn period soon!
    you ate pizza. then a lot of carbs. this is water retention.

i swear to god, all the females on here are syncing.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

I've eaten worse....>.> and a hell of a lot more carbs in one day than that (I'm a bad primal *blush*) but didn't have this steady weight gain. I swear though, even if I am writing that I am, I'm not freaking out. Unless I am pregnant. Then I will freak out.

I'm guessing its the maca. I'm almost done and I'm not going back on it. The l-tyrosine does the exact same thing as the maca but doesn't balance the hormones. Looking at myself, I haven't gained anything in my stomach, in fact my stomach muscles feel stronger(cool) and I seem to have more fullness in my biceps. It will be cool if its from muscle but its probably water retention...somewhere.
    Calm the f**k down.

From the calendar, I think I have a period coming up asap *praying*
    1) ate really low cal until supper where I ate a handful of pecans and a half a chicken. turns out that =1000cal in one shot. Who knew? Sparkpeople, thats who -_- It wasn't on purpose, just how it turned out today with all the food I ate.
    I had a fairly busy day at work since its 20% discount day and everyone came in to buy all their fancy-schmancy-too-damn-expensive-otherwise vitamins and coughed up a bank vault in gluten free food or bulk grains or nuts or heh..candy. Usually Jellybellys cuz thems not cheap. Despite it being colder than witches nipples today. (-33c/-43c with the windchill, which is btw -43f too) They ordered pizza to eat(I had none)They also had a veggies platter and some sliced chicken, which I did have some of.
    2) moved slowly all day. Wandered the store constantly, talking to customers, filling bins, stocking shelves, trying not to freeze my ass off.
    3)Started my arms workout today and just flopped. I was supposed to do my legs but my legs were mush.
    4)tabata workout...not a good idea. Hit my limit for the week. I barely muscled through and was dead when I finished.
    5)going o shoot for 9pm again, since I was woken up at 4am. -_- I managed to get back to sleep (and R. too) and finally got up at 6:30 am.
    6)no playing today, maybe tonight.
    7)Did I mention -33c? well, we had sunshine but it doesn't count if you can get frostbite while enjoying it. 5k D
    8)No trauma other than damn cold weather.
    9)poison...AVOIDED! woot.
    10)having to explain what certain supplements do, what flours are good when you're gluten free, what this weird thing does, what that other weird thing does. Lots of brain work today.

In the kids say the darnest things category, my oldest K. came running up to me yesterday as she was watching tv and exclaimed excitedly "Mommy!Mommy! I know what an animal doctor is! ....A Vegetarian!"
    *blink* roflmao
    Calm the f**k down.

WTF?! Srsly, what the fucking fuck?! Up another lb today. This is completely hormone driven since there is no way that my body could go from eating more, exercising less and maintaining my weight to suddenly gaining a lb a day. When I have gained weight in the past, it was ' one day x weight, next day, 5lbs' Considering I'm still regular( normally I would be thinking TMI!!! but this is MDA. Nothing is TMI) not bloated, feel fairly energetic(which is pretty amazing) and I haven't gained any inches...hey! maybe my scale is broken?!
    Its not..:/ meh. w/e Guess we'll see how high I can go before my body says"enough" and gets back to normal.
    taking bets now! I'm guessing another 2lbs. Wait I'm changing that to 4, since I have 4 more days worth of maca.

back to more interesting stuff.
    K. is sick again today so I'm staying home again...ugh. I'm going to dose her up with Emergen-C and Sambucol to see if it helps. R. is feeling better. She has a cough but no fever. Hubby is feeling better and went to work today. Merde. Oh well, it is miserably cold again today. I guess I can be thankful that I don't need to take the girls outside. I'm sure my work is going to be super impressed
    Nothing today exercise-wise, working on recovery.

I'm sick of the girls getting sick. Sugar, bread and milk are now banned from the house. Since I have to take a day off work, I'm cleaning out the cupboards. I gotta say, I'm proud of K.'s treat pick last night. She chose to buy some pecans rather than candy. And R. is busy munching on carrots atm. It could work, just need to get hubby on board.

Anyone have a shovel I can smack him in the head with? <3 <3
    Calm the f**k down.

AH! AH!!! Mystery possibly solved and I'm excited about it! No, I'm not pregnant( at least I don't think so)

Digestive enzymes. I've been taking digestive enzymes and Betaine HCL with every meal for the past couple weeks and its working! That means I'm actually getting the nutrients I need! I'm healing! I'm healing!!
    *happy dance*
    gosh, I may one day be off all my supplements... I'm so excited and happy its just crazy <3<3<3
    Calm the f**k down.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Your weight isn't a number... it's a range. No one weighs the same all the time. In a given day weight fluctuates 2-4lbs. So stop weighing yourself so frequently, and if you feel you must weigh yourself do it in the morning after a fast, before you drink/ eat –this is the only way to compare your weight efficiently, not if you compare your weight to when you're fasted to when you've had a gallon of water.
    (But maybe you know this...)

I can stop pretending like I'm smart now, or I can go on and quiz you about the things you're eating/ doing to try to pin-point why you're gaining
    Unless you've actually been diagnosed with hormone/ thyroid problems (these are very rare) I doubt they're the scape goats on this.
    Trust me, it took me so long to lose weight that I thought I had it... but I just required some tweaking.
    The leaner you get the harder it is, but even women with 16%BF can lose weight if they really get their ass into gear.
    All is possible!

Your signature: words of wisdom.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Augh I wrote a huge chunk that got erased...

I asked if you just started working out, because in that case your muscles expand and retain more water.
    Also, unless you're eating strict vlc, there are many foods (mostly carbs, salt and psuedo junk food, like primal pizzas and brownies) can make you retain water.

Are you trying to maintain your weight or lose it?
    I know it's a big no-no in these primal parts to talk about calroies but... you can't escape calories. If you're eating too much you WILL gain weight. A thing I recently learned is that your calorie need is very subjective and you have to find out what it is yourself. Even if we're the same height and weight you might not be able to eat the same amount as I do...
    You have to figure out what's the cap (the most you can eat).
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast