Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: When you know better, you do better: Metismomma's journal page 24

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Oh Metissmomma, not to piss on your ketosis parade but be careful w/ ketosis and hypothyroid. Fer realz it totally effed my world. I had 0 energy and it took me months to get back. If you are going to do it than at least eat lots of offal. Too much muscle meat in ketosis is a no no.

I don't believe in food intolerances because Dr. Natasha of GAPS says they are borne from leaky gut. Heal your gut & get rid of your intolerances, dairy and gluten included. Not to say that you should live your life on bread pudding, PRIMAL for life! (someone probably has that tattoo)
    I don't eat that much offal Y_Y
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    You are forgiven <3
    Its ok, its sort of fit with the discussion.
    Calm the f**k down.

I'm done with induction, in case anyone cared. Once I realized I was able to get into ketosis, I really couldn't find a good reason to continue.

I did find that my energy level jumped a shit ton(its a measurement...!) when I was in keto. Now that I'm eating carbs again, down goes the energy. Since I'm not trying to be fertile (oh hellz noe! No moar bubs for me!) I might look closer at ketosis. I do like offal, so that's not an issue. One day I might even do fasting again, the biggest issue is planning for it. I have a tendency of just doing stuff without a plan, and that always backfires. 24hour fast? Sure! Oh what, 20hrs in and I need to eat now, lets eat anything we can get our hands on.

See, planning good.

I have little energy today, but I want to exercise. It's another hot day and I'm ready for a nap. Sucks. I turn into a sugar burner pdq when I add carbs.
    Calm the f**k down.

Then make it a 20 hour fast!

That's the thing about primal foods... you have to cook them, you can't just reach into a bag and take out a fried chicken leg
    you have to make stuff and do stuff and breath and walk around... so hard, man! ;D
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Yeah but if I plan...I can have a nice primal meal ready at the 20hour mark rather than hoping I can make it to the 24hr mark with a smattering of fairy dust and some unicorn farts.
    Calm the f**k down.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Word on the street is that energy boost is likely a flood of cortisol, it happens when you fast too. Have you read the paleo for women post on fasting? Just thought u should be fully informed. This stuff is like rocket science.
    Mm- what I should have said was I don't believe food intolerances are s permanent
    condition.
    Nswom- your body is chill w ketosis as u don't have issues w hypothyroid. Lucky.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

I have read the post in Paleo for women. I don't think fasting is very good for me atm, nor is calorie restriction. That is stressful on me.
    I was not having a cortisol reaction during ketosis, I was eating plenty of food. I was calm and relaxed minus the extreme fatigue I had beforehand. When my adrenals are overworked, I am very agitated, exhausted but wired. I also get angry very easily. I wasn't feeling that way during induction.
    Calm the f**k down.

No one has ever called me lucky on this forum before ;s

Wait, what does a hyperthyroid does?

For someone who's been here for such a long time you'd think I'd know stuff like that (and I do know stuff like that, it's just that they evaporate a month later).

I should go read of the rocket science ;s

Hyperthyroid is when your thyroid is working overtime. You get very agitated, can't sleep, lose weight, heart palpitations, shakes, frequent bowel movement, sometimes your eyes start it bug out(if it goes long enough) you can also have most of the hypo symptoms. Hyper tends to have issues with hot weather, hypo with cold weather.
    Hyperthyroidism - PubMed Health

My lucky dh went from hypo to hyper, it was pretty scary. He thought he was having a heart attack
    Calm the f**k down.

1)eat lots of animals, insects and plants
    had a coffee with caramel flavoured alcohol infused whipped cream...yeah, not an epic start to the day but it was yummy

2)move around a lot at a slow pace
    No choice, I went for a 2 hour walk yesterday and my ankles are very achy Guess I'm sticking to weight lifting for a couple days.
    3)lift heavy things
    Sometime today I hope, I have a pull up bar now and I'm trying to build up to full pull-up, or at least a chin up.
    4)run really fast every once in awhile
    not today!
    5)get lots of sleep
    Mmmm that I did, it was lovely. It was chilly in the bedroom this morning and littlest was nice and toasty warm.
    6)play
    If I stay off the computer, maybe.
    7)get some sunlight every day
    YES! Sunny day, warm but not hot like it has been. Think I'm going to find a book or something and sit outside with the kids.
    8)avoid trauma
    My dh is going to help his sister with funeral arrangements for his father. He died on Thursday, leaving them orphans Yes, they're in their 40's but still.
    9)avoid poisonous things
    So far, no. See morning coffee
    10) use your mind
    meh, do I have to?

I think my next gym purchase will be a rebounder, and I'm going to talk to my friend and see if she still has my treadmill. I need something that isn't going to kill my ankles until I can strengthen them. I had no idea this was an issue with me. Ever since I went for a run with my vibrams, my shins and ankles have been bothering me.
    Oh yes, so I started Eowyn's challenge. Its walking to Mordor and back. I set my goal to finish December 26th 2012. I have 133 days left, which means I need to walk 12 miles a day. Oh my hell...If I switch to Hobbiton to Rivendell, its only 3 miles a day. I might switch to Rivendell, then go onto Lothlorien, and then maybe follow Frodo and Sam to Mt.Doom. Depending on how well my walking goes. If only I had a bike
    Calm the f**k down.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast