Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: When you know better, you do better: Metismomma's journal page 2

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    I blow my nose in the shower, does that count? (and yes, its disgusting. Thank god for running water)

Remember how I said I have Readers Digest worth of issues? I forgot one. Heh, its kind of big too but doesn't affect me too much normally. I haveFactor V Leiden and technically I shouldn't eat too much vitamin K, but I do. I shouldn't sit too much but I do. I started taking Vitamin E to see if would help thin my blood just a tiny bit. Which I'm hoping will help with my fuzzy brain and lack of memory(even though I can be an encyclopedia at times) I have forgotten my childrens names, names of items I use every day. I have forgotten my own name. I'm not kidding.
    When I was pregnant with my oldest, I developed a DVT in my thigh and that weakened the veins in that leg permanently. I'm managed to make it worse over the years by not using compression stocking. I can't run for a long time without my leg swelling. Yup, I'm not very nice to myself.
    When my youngest stops nursing I'll be starting serrapeptase. It'll be a trial run to see if it helps with this issue at all. Its similar to nattokinase in function, but its a little more established.

On a lighter note! I bought one of those Salinex sprays for my youngest when she had a cold recently. She hated so I tried using it just now. It stung a little (better than feeling like my head was going to explode!) and I had to blow my nose. I feel kinda clear. Hmm.

Hahaha I just read the instructions. 1-3 sprays up the nostrils. I'm such a wuss, I just did one. Good to know for next time.
    Calm the f**k down.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I have noticed that if the water is lukewarm, it works better for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I can't imagine doing it with cold, and a friend who didn't listen to me about making sure it's not too hot was apparently cussing me out for a bit after he did it...
    I've done cold by accident. You only do it once...
    Calm the f**k down.

updating from yesterday:
    Ended up eating about 3/4 of a container of So Delicious coconut milk ice cream yesterday(about 60g of carbs)
    1/2 bag of aged cheddar popcorn(Indiana Popcorn) it was delicious and my now gassy bowels regret it. (about 39?ish carbs but yeah corn...heh)
    an apple (dunno, how much in an apple?)
    about 2 serving of shepards pie, which was nomtastic. I used cauliflower instead of potatoes. I left them whole so they could roast on top(from frozen) they weren't bad but I should have cooked them first. they came out a smidge bitter but the rest was sooo good. Ever hear of Spike seasoning? Don't tell me its not primal, I don't want to know
    Exercise: Kid was carried, she was sick and cranky all day. Did my arms workout but only 2 sets. Was being wimpy. Played Warcraft, washed dishes, washed and dried clothes and general never-ending cleaning.

Brain usage:Was not success in keeping girls from trying to kill each other, one was sick and cranky. Other is 6. Sigh... I can't say my siblings never fought, because we did. My mom hid in her room, reading for a reason LOL! Learned about L-Tyrosine, still iffy on it. Technically I should be getting plenty. Technically. I should also be getting plenty of iron and b-vitamins. But I'm not.
    Cuz I just rock like that :P

Today!
    1) coffee so far. Making steak today. Hubby bought some of the most gloriously thick steaks I have seen in awhile. I may have to wrap them in bacon to properly show respect. Planning to IF until I dunno when. Let me do some math...16 hr IF, around 12pm. No popcorn for me today! And I will try to stay away from other crap. Also I'm out of coconut milk ice cream...heh

2)no work again today and no school. No moving slowly today. Also -33c.

3)child will be lifted. She's a little klingon lately. Legs workout today. Might try squatting 6 year old even though she's full of air.

4)Tabata workout

5)Slept on the couch last night while hot, feverish 3 year old occupied the big bed. Woke up with her snuggled up to me. Her fever broke and we all slept great.
    There is a reason I love co-sleeping and she's it. I just love it when she tucks herself up against me. She puts her head on my arm in a way that doesn't cause it to fall asleep. It can be a really comfortable sleeping with her.

6) Warcraft. Also thinking of getting a group together for Chorewars. Come on! Experience for doing housework? WIN!

7)No sunlight to be had, will take vitamin D

8)We'll see. our stairs can be pretty treacherous. So far Stairs=6, family =0

9)Hey, the popcorn is gone, ok? *hides candy cupboard from view* I swear, I don't go in there. Scout's honor.

10)Damn it! I forgot to look up Budwig mix...
    Last edited by Metismomma; 02-25-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    Calm the f**k down.

Budwig mixture
    I've heard of this particular mixture before actually. There is a lady who is using it to help cure her terminal cancer. When I say terminal, I mean they gave her 2 months to live and she came to visit us when her 2 months were up. She's currently in Africa on vacation and plans to come see us when she comes back. You know, to let us know what death is like and all. Heh. I hope she does.

Somehow, I'm not sure if this is what the customer was thinking of. Or maybe it was. In which case, guy has no clue what Budwig mixture really is.

I think I'm going to drop my dose of maca a little. I have been having some weird sex dreams. Sex dreams in general= good! But these are just weird. Plus I developed a raging yeast infection that may or may not be related. Even so, it means no sex. Which is a real shame since hubby got a vasectomy for my birthday. "For me?! Oh you shouldn't have! I lie, you should have and you are so getting some when you heal up." He got tested to make sure he was clear on Feb 11. We didn't get the results until Feb. 14. Now we ASSUMED he would be clear and there would much fun that night.
    Never assume, never assume.
    Did I mention that the maca is helping?
    Calm the f**k down.

so I was a good primal girl yesterday. IFed until 12pm, had a good primal lunch that I can't remember. I think cheese was involved. It wasn't exciting. Ended up eating two spoonfuls of peanut butter in the afternoon to stave off hunger pangs. Had hot chocolate with real cocoa, stevia and lots of whipping cream. For supper...? Oh doggy this was special. I roasted these luscious steaks with Spike seasoning and wrapped in bacon. They turned out fabulous. I also made mashed cauliflower with salt/pepper/garlic, spinach sauteed with carrots, onions and bacon. It was sooo good.
    Now I remember what I had for breakfast, leftover shepards pie. Managed to take ACV and betaine with each meal.
    Infection is almost gone, heh someone's going to get some...

Ended going to at 9pm, and slept until 7am. A little broken up, baby was fevered again. She just won't take any medicine at all, the little bugger.
    Did my tabata workout and again half of my legs workout. No trauma was had, no poisonous things ingested.

current stats: 35 Female, 5'1(ugh) 125lbs by the evil scale that has me more curious than anything. I really need to just get rid of it.
    I digress:
    chest: 35 bust, 30 chest
    waist: 29 ish?
    hips: 37
    Once upon a time I was 36-26-36 and around 25% bodyfat. I don't think I'm that low(sad) and its all in my thighs LOL!
    Well, I better get running, I work at 10am and I need to walk. Its a half hour walk and its -14. Blizzarding..fun
    Calm the f**k down.

Long boring day at work, ended up shovelling snow when I got there. It was a nice walk btw. There was no wind, and you couldn't feel the cold. It was really pretty. I usually hate winter but there are days like today that make me remember how beautiful it can be.
    Ended up buying some enzymes due the gut-brain thread running around. I had been debating and finally bit the bullet. Also found L-tyrosine for cheap so I grabbed that and am going to see if it helps any.
    Had leftovers for lunch, had a hot chocolate at work. Read more of the book "Is your thyroid making you fat?" (So far, very interesting.) Hubby gave me a ride home. Had a licorice cigar that I had lost. Ended up helping him switch bedrooms with the kids.
    Then we ordered pizza. I had an antipasto salad and hot wings. And thats was my whole day.
    Exciting huh?

So this book I'm reading. The doctor in it is using a 28 day long diet to help determine if someone has an issue with their metabolism. Its a 1000 cal/day diet which, if you have a normal metabolism; you would lose weight on. The more weight you lose, the better your metabolism is. Some people only lose a couple pounds which means they have issues with their thyroid. He then prescribes natural thyroid to see if they lose weight, which they almost always seem to do. There is more to it, he goes into detail about the different thyroid hormones, how the TSH test is useless, and most of the symptoms. I just got to the chapter about cholesterol. His premise is that 90% of the time, if someone has high cholesterol; its due to their thyroid.
    Its 9pm and hubby went to bed. Kids are still awake so...some may not be had
    Calm the f**k down.

Both kids are sick now. K(the oldest) woke up with an earache, and R(baby) had a fever yet again. She's lost 2 lbs due to not eating. She won't take anything to help with the fever, which causes her to toss and turn all night. We ended up getting up at 2am for about an hour. She was complaining that her stomach hurt (hungry) so I gave the only thing she seems to want and enjoy lately...blueberries. Sigh...not even with yogurt. Her throat is bothering her I think. K(thank god) has no problem taking any medicine. I gave her some tylenol for her ear and she went back to sleep. I'll be giving her some oil of Oregano today to help her out.
    I took L-tyrosine before bed last night with my meal. Not such a good idea I think. Ever been really tired but your mind so absolutely clear and just racing? I wasn't impressed but hey, it did specify it was good for mental fatigue...:/
    Checked my weight this morning(IKNOWIKNOWIKNOW!) but I've gained another lb. What is going on here? I'm not eating any more than usual, only thing different is the supplements and possibly the fact that R is finally weaning. I'm also exercising more. I doubt its muscle, that seems a bit fast. Maybe some healing is being done? I will try to keep from freaking out until I gain another 4lbs(130) or if I can't fit in my clothes. My work pants do feel a bit tighter in the thigh than usual...don't freak don't freak...its not necessarily a bad thing... its has been over 6 years since I was burning calories without a baby to help.
    I have been feeling better though. I have more energy during the day, IFing recently has been easier, I feel full longer. I don't feel like I need to eat all the time like I was even a couple weeks ago.
    Calm the f**k down.

So I'm looking around on the forums atm and there are a ton of advice about calorie restriction. Every thread has something along the lines of "eat less calories, count your calories"
    I'm not going to rant about how ineffective that is. Instead I'm going to curl up into fetal position and try not to have a complete mental breakdown.
    I will forever rue the day I went on my first diet. I was 16. I wasn't that long after my birthday and I was recovering from having the stomach flu. I lost 5lbs from that alone and wow! Look! I fit clothes better! I then started on a 1000cal/day diet.
    It was a horrible evil diet.Why? Because it was successful...really really successful. I ended up losing another 10lbs which brought me down to 105lbs. It took me to a scary place where my whole life revolved around food. I counted calories, I fasted (longest was 3 days with liberal amount of diet pepsi) I lived on diet pepsi, I exercised all the time. I turned to laxatives. My body odor changed, I was always slightly hungry and yet, I always had these thighs. I always wanted to have the type of legs that had a hollow in between the thighs when I was standing. Even then, I didn't. Not even close. I have a lot of muscle on my thighs and all my fat sits right in between. I had a 20 inch waist. My mother commented once when I proudly announced my waist size that she had an 18 inch waist at my age. I wanted to slap her. I know, messed up. This woman that I love dearly, has been dieting for years. She gained weight not long after having me. She was 100lbs effortlessly up until I was born and having me messed her up. I still think she has thyroid issues though.
    Things started changing for me when my mother finally yelled at me for complaining that I needed to lose more weight(at 100lbs) She told me I didn't need to lose weight. That I needed to tone up if anything. In a round about way it planted a seed in my mind that muscle was better.
    But I still find myself doubting myself. What if I am eating too much? Too many calories? Now, its Too many carbs? Am I...
    not primal enough?
    not calorie deficient enough?
    not exercising enough?
    not moving enough?
    Which leads to...
    I'm not skinny enough
    I'm not muscled enough
    I'm not smart enough
    I'm not a good enough mom
    I'm not a good enough wife
    I'm not a good enough person...
    Seriously, all from one goddamn diet when I was 16.
    I'm tired of not feeling good enough! I want to go back to bed and have a mental health day. But I can't. I have kids who need me. And while I want to chuck the whole damn thing, I need to keep moving forward. I don't want to be a broken down shell of a person when I'm old(er) I want to feel good about myself but I need to put in the time.
    Arghhhhhhhhhh....thats it. I'm just going to camp out on Battys journal.
    /picking up tent and heading to Batty's.
    Calm the f**k down.

/wanders back to journal...tents still at Batty's.
    Up another lb today. Again, not eating more than usual. It could be the result of 1 of 3 things or all three.
    1) baby is nursing less than she used to, once a day on average for the past couple weeks.
    2) I started taking maca a couple weeks ago and its been touted to help increase muscle gain...
    3) exercising more.

I'm going to go with "adding muscle" even though I'm pretty sure its not true. The other alternatives are a) eating too many calories or b) thyroid function is dropping.
    *sticks head in sand*
    *pulls it out because she can't breath*
    How do ostriches do that?
    I'm going to try to take my temps in the morning and see what comes up. Maybe I'll start counting calories again...ergghhh...

Feeling better today btw. Baby? Not so much. So taking the day off work due to sick baby. Both of the kids and hubby have been sick this winter but not me. Worst I have had is a stuffed nose.
    Blizzarding again today. Pretty much white-out conditions. Just noticed I need to prop up one of my plants, its getting tall and flopping over.
    I checked a BMR calculator yesterday and it says I should eating around 1800 cal. 500 cal less to lose weight....1300 cals? really? yikes.

Ok! down to business
    1) I had a couple cups of coffee and 2 slices of pizza today. Yes that right, pizza. I had a "f*ck it" moment and ate the pizza.
    Yesterday: Had spinach, carrot, zucchini and 4 eggs scrambled together. 1 cup coffee, couple cups of tea, roast chicken with green beans and cheese sauce. Also had a couple licorice cigars. Am I cheating more than I can handle? Maybe. And an orange.
    I just plugged in all my eats yesterday and my macros are this
    1625 cal
    21% protein
    14% carbs
    65% fat
    61g carbs, 128g fat, 93g protein.
    Pretty typical day for me.
    hm.
    Calm the f**k down.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    for the record, my weight can fluxuate as much as 8-10 lbs during any given month. i can poop a pound. a pound is nothing.

we'll ignore the pizza. come back to camp, i got a fire started and we're gonna make banana boats.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast