Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: When you know better, you do better: Metismomma's journal page 11

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    *still reeling from the salt shakers*
    I'm not laughing at you, I swear I can relate, I had no weights until recently so its all been bodyweight exercises.

Update on moi:
    I hurt my thigh doing lunges and squats. Or something. I did something to it because yesterday it hurt. Today its better, but I need to figure out some other density exercises that don't work the thighs so much. More arms stuff. Not my forte.

Today is Paul's birthday. I gave him his birthday present, he was very happy with it. And so was I iykwim ;D

It annoys me that some women have no fat on the back of their thighs. They have these beautiful lines from their butt down to their heels despite being overweight. Annoys the heck out of me. I am highly jealous. Makes me want to go out and do a ton of hamstring exercises.

Dairy trial is over. I know, that was quick. It was a bust. No one was showing any improvements. In fact Paul was complaining about how sore he was since he stopped drinking milk. Milk is back and he's still sore. So he's off to get his thyroid levels checked. I think he needs his medication adjusted.
    Kids are ecstatic though. You would think I gave them a bag full of candy and said "go to town!" they're that happy to have milk back lol!

I bought a bunch of nuts and dried fruit a last week. Now, I am sick of nuts. Bleh.
    Well, later all. I need to start getting ready for work. I need to make my lunch still.
    Calm the f**k down.

Why a man is better than a computer
    So I'm signed up for that menstration tracker, trackmyperiods.com. Yesterday my husband asks for a little somethin'somethin' iykwim before bed since it was his birthday(what? once wasn't enough? perv.) and he quips" you'll be getting your period pretty soon anyway" Uh no, I inform him all smug-like, I'm not due for another week :P
    Fastforward to today. Guess who decided to pay me an unexpected visit? Yup.
    The man has the ESP I tell ya. He always knows when I'm due. I can pretty much guarantee I'm going to get AF the day after he mentions it. So I had to go fix my tracker. Sigh....I'm only 5 days early.
    did this workout for a total of 3 reps
    it wasn't too bad. I actually had energy today at work.
    Paul took the day off again. More tests, they think it might be his thyroid or some sort of arthritis. We'll see.
    Calm the f**k down.

Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    Budwig mixture
    I've heard of this particular mixture before actually. There is a lady who is using it to help cure her terminal cancer. When I say terminal, I mean they gave her 2 months to live and she came to visit us when her 2 months were up. She's currently in Africa on vacation and plans to come see us when she comes back. You know, to let us know what death is like and all. Heh. I hope she does.
    Remember this lady? I saw her yesterday. She went to Africa, had a fabulous time and is still kicking cancers butt. She has a CT scan in a couple weeks, I hope she's doing as well as she thinks she is. From her lips: "Sugar is the enemy"

Which is a real shame since hubby got a vasectomy for my birthday. "For me?! Oh you shouldn't have! I lie, you should have and you are so getting some when you heal up." He got tested to make sure he was clear on Feb 11. We didn't get the results until Feb. 14. Now we ASSUMED he would be clear and there would much fun that night.
    So he got tested again last friday and he STILL has swimmers...goddammit!! Add in all the pregnancy/ baby dreams lately and I'm trying not to get stressed lol!
    Calm the f**k down.

I obviously have a day off
    I started reading the Diabetes Diet by Dr. Bernestein at work. Great book so far. I came across a passage about diabetics losing consciousness and ending up in the ER. They would be treated like drunks that needed to "sleep it off" since they smelled like alcohol. This was before blood sugar monitors were available everywhere.
    When my MIL was in her 40's she started to have some strange things happen. Looking back at what was happening, we figured she was having mini-strokes. She ended up losing consciousness a few times. My husband ended up taking her to the hospital after one of these episodes( he was in his early teens) There she was treated like crap. the doctor told her to stop drinking so damn much, even though my MIL insisted she never drank. They took my husband and sister aside and grilled them on my MIL's drinking. She wasn't a drinker, had a glass of wine maybe once a year. Turns out she had a heart attack and ended up having a heart bypass surgery. That had huge complications.
    After reading that in his book, I have to wonder if she smelled like alcohol. Did she have diabetes all that time, some form of it? I wish I could find out, but she died 3 years ago, a week after my oldest childs 4th birthday.
    I miss her so much.
    Calm the f**k down.

AF is still around, so I've been slacking. Had to work all weekend and I work another 2 days. K. has the week off school so she gets to go to the dreaded daycare. OHES NOES!!! Every 15 minutes "I'm SO EXCITED about going to daycare!" Yes, hun, we know lol. Seriously though, the place rocks. Both kids love it there.
    The owner is finally back from her holidays so things will be less stressful at work. I asked to have my hours changed a little bit. Its been so quiet. I had to take this Wednesday off since we can't afford to have both girls in daycare for that many hours this month.
    Ok so I told you all my scale died right? In a definite form of insanity, I kept it and would check every once in awhile to see what it would say weight-wise. Well, yesterday I stepped on my scale and first it said I was 130, then 113, then just jumped in between that for awhile. Stepped off, stepped back on and I weigh 0 lbs! Wow, this diet is really working I'm light as a feather lol!
    RIP crappy digital scale. You will be missed. Like a crack addict misses their last hit.
    I'll try not to buy a new one.
    I need to get exercising again. Probably do the bodyweight exercise from earlier again today. That was the last time I worked out(oops!) I have this weird sore muscle on my left thigh. It doesn't hurt to move it, just when I touch it. It almost feels bruised, but no discoloration.

I have been having a lot of OPE(thanks Batty) and not enough sleep. I like my job, but if I want to get healthy, staying there is looking less and less like an option. Its quiet, I have access to candy, and those are two issues with me. Boredom and opportunistic eating. I don't eat when I'm sad, mad, happy, or angry. Just when I'm bored.
    Weather is getting nice though, that will give me an opportunity to get outside and get some sun. Run, play etc.

Slacking on the supplements too. I need to get more magnesium in me. I think I need to buy the pills rather than the drink. Still taking the L-glutamine and the L-tyrosine, though I will take some time off of both after they are done.
    Calm the f**k down.

3 days off! Woot! and K.is on spring break which means I don't need to wake her up to go to school(she's still asleep!) R. actually slept in for an hour this morning too. Which means I got to sleep in. Life is good
    Ok, I've been dealing with some weirdness for awhile. I get sweaty. I won't be hot, but I will drip sweat from my armpits. Literally. I just felt a drop on my side from sweat. I'm not warm! I'm kind of chilly and my hands are freezing! This has been going for years but today, I'm talking about it. Why? Why does my body do this?

>>>fucked up<<<

Oh, and the night before I almost had an anxiety attack because my scale died and I had no idea what I weighed but I was pretty damn sure I was ballooning before my eyes. Wow man...just wow.

Got back on the exercise wagon yesterday, did the density training workout then a tabata workout. Felt very energized afterwards, which was great. I needed it since we had our sale day yesterday and it was a bit zoo-esque in the store. 20% off everything, people swarm to pick up all their vitamins and gluten free food.
    Its nice out again today, so I'm going to get these little chickies outside to play hard. I r xctd. I really am! We'll hit the walking trials, find all the playgrounds that aren't still covered in snow, race, it's going to be fun! I also need to return a couple pairs of pants for K. I got her a couple size 6(kids) pants and she's about 2 inches too tall for the legs...oops! I think she's going to be tall like her dad.
    So, I'm actively weaning R. atm. I told her my boobs are broken, they don't make milk anymore. now she's calls her chest broken. Nothing like to trying to explain to a toddler that HER chest is just fine, its just mine that isn't. She still calls them broken. Oh well, baby steps.

Still too much OPE this week, last night there was pizza and I had a couple slices. I never was the person that would eat a slice or two and be satisfied. I could eat a whole pizza to myself. Its just not filling to me. Give me a salad, a drink and wings and I'm full. I should have stuck with the wings and salad yesterday. I grabbed what was quick and easy. So far the only issue from it is probably weight gain and definitely some bowel issues. Rabbit poop ftl. Only happens when I eat grains now. I'm seriously considering a carnivore diet for a couple weeks to see how my body responds followed by a vegan diet for a week. Bet I know which one will feel better.
    This sweating is driving me crazy. I have my sweatshirt tucked up into my armpits to stop the sweat from dripping onto my ribs. ARGHHH!!
    Calm the f**k down.

My xct-ing day was a bust. You would think that someone could get tired of arguing or fighting for most of the day...but no. K. spent all morning fighting with her sister(and getting beaten up. Sigh, you're a foot taller than your sister) and all afternoon arguing with me. She got sent to bed early. Which worked out well since R. decided to fall asleep at that time too.
    Its been a crappy mindfuck day I went for a walk by myself to clear my head of all the negative emotional garbage running in my head. Boy there was a lot. My weight gain is getting me into a twist that I can't get myself out of. I find myself saying "whats the point, nothing works, nothing helps"
    If this is a symptom of me needing vitamin D, I better start taking it again. Even if I only have the crappy tablets atm.
    Ok, just took 8000 iu. Going to take 8k tomorrow too, then drop down to 5k. I even took my magnesium drink a little while ago I need more lemon juice, our water tastes like soap.
    Calm the f**k down.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh, hang in there. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I hope so, I always think "tomorrow will be better, I'll do better tomorrow, I'll figure it out tomorrow"..
    This is not normal.
    Calm the f**k down.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    *Hugs*

What the hell is normal anyways?
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast