Thread: Fat Soluable Vitamins page

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member

Fat Soluable Vitamins

Shop Now
    I take my vitamin D and Omega 3 (both in gelcap form) suppliments with breakfast (this week 2 hard-boiled eggs and fruit). I understand that vitamin D is fat soluable. Is there enough fat in what I'm currently eating at breakfast to take care of this or is the need for fat solved by using gelcaps?

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I guess I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine the 10g of fat from two eggs would be plenty.

This web site doesn't cite a source so it might be total BS, but they claim that 5-10 nuts or a handful of seeds is adequate, which is a lot less than 10g of fat, I'm sure. http://health.howstuffworks.com/well...b-vitamins.htm
    Last edited by mayness; 02-24-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Thanks. The amount of fat in 2 eggs seems reasonable to me. I take the suppliments at breakfast so I remember them. I don't enjoy breakfast so what I'm getting down is a big step. By 11 a.m. I'm ready to eat.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Just FYI, forcing yourself to eat breakfast isn't really necessary. If you're only eating in order to take your supplements, you would probably be happier finding a different way to remember!
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Thanks. The amount of fat in 2 eggs seems reasonable to me. I take the suppliments at breakfast so I remember them. I don't enjoy breakfast so what I'm getting down is a big step. By 11 a.m. I'm ready to eat.
    So why don't you eat breakfast at 11 am and take the vit D then?? Why eat earlier if you don't enjoy/want it?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

theholla and tradawg are both absolutely right. But even if I don't want to eat, by 11 a.m. I dragging. If eating was only to remind me to take the suppliments I'd do the next best thing - stick a post-it on my monitor at work.

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    Rosemary, keep in mind that your omega-3 supplements *are* fat... so even if you were taking them with a less fat-containing meal, you'd still be getting enough fat to absorb your vitamin D.

I didn't think of that. I take the Omega 3's and vitamin D3's together. So no need to worry about enough fat.