Thread: I only have a frying pan and a microwave...RECIPES! page

Jezsh is offline Member

Question I only have a frying pan and a microwave...RECIPES!

Primal Fuel
    Hello!

I'm really missing having an oven right now. I mostly do fine with just a hob, my blender and a rack full of spices, but I'm always keen to share the wealth and would love to hear some new recipes!

Here's what I usually make:
    - chilli
    - all kinds of basic fried meat
    - buttered veg
    - omelettes/frittatas
    - stir fry
    - cauli rice
    - salads

Written down like that, it doesn't seem so bad! But still...what would you guys recommend?

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Pick up chicken thighs with the skin on bone in, and heat your frying pan to med-high temp. Place the thighs skin side down and cook until the skin is crisp and golden. Turn down heat, flip over the thighs and cook until done. Add spices at will. You can do thyme and chili flakes, or garlic, or hot sauce... the possibilities are endless!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Jezsh is offline Member
    Yum! Do you do anything special to get the skin to crisp up? Granted, I've mainly been going for chicken breasts so far, but I've had absolutely no luck getting crispy skin!

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Chicken Under a Brick. Do the same as above, but place a heavy brick or saucepan wrapped in foil on top of the skin-side down chicken, let it gently sizzle for 12 minutes or so and flip. Very crispy.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post
    Chicken Under a Brick. Do the same as above, but place a heavy brick or saucepan wrapped in foil on top of the skin-side down chicken, let it gently sizzle for 12 minutes or so and flip. Very crispy.
    Yes! When I get to my main computer I will post an awesome marinade for Brick Chicken.. Another benefit is that chicken cooks much faster this way.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    buy a crock pot

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    I use a frying pan to do 90% of my cooking in the summer (crock pot sees mostly winter use). Sell the microwave and use the profits to secure a supply of coconut oil. Stir fry, seared steaks, seared scallops, garlic seared jumbo shrimp, sauteed anything, the awesomest mushroom concoction evar!

Seriously, sky's the limit.

Add 4 thumb-sized pebbles and a small round cooling rack (or pizza screen if you have one left over from your cw days) and (assuming you have a lid for your pan) voila! you now have a steamer. Though I almost always prefer sauteed to steamed - more fat cooked right in to your food.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Good call on selling the microwave. That's the only thing to be done!