Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding Recipes: My strategy, plus a Chrome extension to make it easier page

pamelafox is offline Junior Member

Smile Finding Recipes: My strategy, plus a Chrome extension to make it easier

Shop Now
    Hey everyone -

I got into primal/paleo/low-carb eating a few months ago and have really enjoyed trying all the recipes out there. I've been blogging what I try at pamelagoesprimal.com.

I find it kind of hard to find recipes for our style of eating though, so I thought I'd try to make it easier with a Google custom search engine and Chrome extension that just searches 30 or so of the top paleo/primal recipe blogs out there.

I wrote a blog post about it here (including links to all the sites I search).

You can try the search engine here, and install the Chrome extension here.

I'd love to hear how other people find recipes, and if there are other ways I can make it easier. I'm a web developer and keen to use my skills to make this lifestyle more approachable.

Thanks!

TheFoodLovers is offline Senior Member
    Hey -

We saw your impressive blog list of sites you crawl. Might as well add one more to the list .... ours! www.primal-palate.com

Cheers!

Ah, actually, I did have yours in the search engine, but I realize I left 10 or so URLs off the list I posted. I've updated it now. Your site has great recipes, I look forward to trying them!

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Thanks, great thread! Added the ones I didn't have to the list. And wow, now I'm hungry.

This is great. I'll definitely be using this a lot.
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

That thread, among a few others, should be 'stickied' at the top of the forum. One of the classics!

Pamela - glad to hear we were on the master list after all! Enjoy.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, TFL, for providing a PRINT RECIPE button on your blog!!!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

No problem! We started doing that around the holidays. It takes a little bit of time, since its' a custom thing we add for each post - but we knew it was something people wanted and needed.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoodLovers View Post
    That thread, among a few others, should be 'stickied' at the top of the forum. One of the classics!
    Yeah that thread is epic.
    My primal success story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast