Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling hungry all the time page

geostump is offline Senior Member

Feeling hungry all the time

Primal Fuel
    I have started working out last week. I have added walking and am adding in body weight exercises tomorrow and sprinting on Friday. I have noticed a definite increase in appetite. I'm 5'5" 210 and female with a large frame. Today I ate more carbs then usual. Yesterday was more indicative to what I eat carb wise.
    Last edited by geostump; 02-23-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Georgette

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Georgette~ That link doesn't work, unfortunately...

Suggest you eat more fat instead of carbs to curb your cravings.

Fark!!!! Ok, I'll post it here. Stupid internet

Yesterday I ate 1,554 cals, 102.3g fat, 46.6g carbs and 116.1g proteins.

Today 2,198 cals, 136.6g fat, 92.6g carbs(darn red potatoes), 144.5g protein
    Georgette

Here's me today:
    1,401 cal, 164.9 g fat, 23.1 g carb, 72.6 g protein. Not hungry all the time--especially after I dropped sugar completely & got my carbs back down under 30.

Sugar/chocolate really induce carb cravings in me and more carbs = more calories = less fat loss for me.

I don't eat starchy carbs (anymore!) and I do intense LHT 20 min 2 x/week, walk 5-7 hours/week and do dance sprints once a week. Feeling like my body is more keto-adapted now, after 2 months of vlc.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 02-23-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: correction to FitDay stats

I'm losing because I've lost 15 lbs in 5 weeks. I'm just concerned because even after I eat lunch, my stomach can start growling. I don't get carb cravings anymore. I know my fat is pretty good and my protein is good. I also think my carbs are good with the exception of today. I'm just trying to figure out why in the hell I'm hungry.
    Georgette

How do you keep carbs so low?
    Georgette

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    It's something we see on this forum a lot, but so far I'm finding it to be true for me: eating more fat curbs my hunger better. I remembered that one of my favorite restaurants in Dayton put a big pat of butter atop their steaks, so I've started doing that. It is so delicious. In addition to olive and coconut oil, I'll toss in some flavorful sesame oil at times. Yummmmm.

Last thing: our body's signals for thirst and hunger overlap quite a bit—thirst can actually present as hunger. With your increased activity, you might be needing more water. If you're feeling hungry and think you shouldn't be needing food, try drinking 4–8 ounces of water (with a slice of lemon in it if you prefer). If you're still hungry 20 minutes or so later, it's probably genuine hunger.

I'd still try to get your fat percentage up to 70%. It's made a big difference for me in terms of satiety.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out why in the hell I'm hungry.
    Because exercise/activity makes you hungry. Being active is generally referred to as "working up an appetite" unless it's "exercise"...and then for some reason, that sort of activity isn't supposed to make us hungrier (but it does). It's one point I think Gary Taubes makes really well in his book. My hunger is direction proportional to my activity level...but there is usually a delayed reaction of several days...I'm guessing once my reserves start getting low, my body starts sending out the hunger/food seeking signals.

maybe people who are super fat adapted don't experience that, but I sure do. I increase/decrease my carbs with my activity level as well. If I'm in sloth mode, probably 50g/day. Active-to-very active and I get closer to 100-150/day.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    How do you keep carbs so low?
    1. I count net carbs (minus fiber.)
    2. I mostly eat leafy greens & other lower carb veggies--and not too many--more like 1-1.5 cup total per day.
    3. Most of the dairy I eat is hard cheese.
    4. No sugar/fruit/nuts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast