Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grok would have just eaten bugs, right? page

lizch is offline Senior Member

Grok would have just eaten bugs, right?

Shop Now
    Of course he would.

I'm just not there yet. I picked up my CSA share today, and the kale was truly infested with aphids. It was curly kale, so they were encrusted in every little crevice of every single leaf. Maybe if I was truly primal, I'd have just eaten it anyway? But since I couldn't wash them off, and I couldn't face eating them, I threw it all away. What a waste

What would you do?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I'm not there yet either
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I bought broccoli once with the same condition. I wasn't there then and I'm not there now: to the trash (or compost) it goes.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I'd seal it in a bag, then call the CSA and ask them what was up with that.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    By weight, insects contain more protein than chicken - don't know about aphids - I don't care - I'm not eating them.
    Personally I have a spray made from habanero chillies, a little olive oil and garlic which keeps most insects - and dogs at bay.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Pull it out, yelp, drop it, tweeze it between two fingers over to the trash can (my compost heap is too close to my oak trees for me to put aphids in there), and call the CSA.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    I am sure Grok would (especially if that was the only thing available at the time), but I will not. Sorry, it just gross me out!

jenni is offline Member
    Well, we once ate broccoli infested with cabbage worms without knowing it. I discovered some remains of the steamed beasties while cleaning up the dishes. Made me look at my broccoli a lot closer after that, but we had no ill effects. lol

Buttercup is offline Senior Member
    Would soaking the kale in water have helped remove them? But yeah, why was it delivered at all? I would def notify the CSA. Maybe they can send extra of something next week.
    The Paleo Periodical
    It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Last week I was digging through our 3/4 of the way eaten box o' spring mix (picking out the slimy pieces), and I got down to the bottom and voila! A HUGE dead cricket. :/ I screamed. The rest went in the trash!
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast