Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me with Candida page

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

Help me with Candida

Shop Now
    Hi. There are couple of things that make me angry and frustrated. I wouldn't call it now getting Primal, I want to call it getting healthy. Because now I don't know if Primal eating plan with some tweaks is healthy enough.
    I seem to have very uphill struggle with getting back to normality. I ditched grains three months ago. I ditched sugar too. I don't consume vegetable oils. I eat a bit of meat, until I can't no more; a canned tuna, a lots of coffee with cream (but I could drink cream straight from the glass, only taste would be a little worse), frozen vegetables with butter. When I am depressed or out of time, I reach for deli meat and no sugar coke and sometimes potatoes, but they mess my sleep too much so I try to avoid them unless feeling absolutely hopeless. I'd love to eat very varied diet with many tasty foods, but I am already spending ALL my money on foods. I spend on food more than my parents. Other students drink, smoke, party so they have to subtract it from food budget. I don't and it's quite not enough to afford something like described in Mark's post "What I eat in a day".
    The problem is, I have candida, and my health almost didn't improve. I get no bloating, and less depressed, that's absolutely all health benefits. I lost 16 pounds, but there was some muscle mass lost here, and I feel it when I visit gym. Still, after 2 weeks of eating clean without slip, I wake with headaches and this disgusting thrust. I want to get rid of candida. Reading threads here on the forum I see that some people recommend different sites about candida healing. But the problem with these sites is that one says I can't have dairy. The other one that I can't have aspartame. They also say that I can't have coffee, red meat( so what I am supposed to eat, grass?), canned tuna.
    Without meat, diet coke, starch, and dairy I would be eating like vegan which is not an option. But I don't want to blindly eat in a "somewhat" healthy way if I'm not sure that is feeding this parasite. Without having a clear goal or faith in doing something the right way, the cravings set in very quickly, because mind says "if it doesn't help, why bother". Has somebody knowledge of more or less proven way to kill candida? Not many people yet believe this condition even exists, so I can't expect Mark's post about it anytime soon. How to get rid of that?

I must add, that sometimes when eating only meat and bacon (okay, calories are too low, but it's more like whole 30) -it's supposed to be clean, right? - I feel so shaky and wanting to vomit that friends say that I'm going to exhaust myself or die, and I feel it too. It just the feeling like your doctor at hospital didn't want to say what's the name of your sickness, and you were suspecting something very bad. It's different from low carb flu described here. Feeling can be similiar for water fasting for more than 2 days despite calories not that low...
    I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I don't have any personal experience with candida but here are some previous threads from this forum:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...p?5862-Candida
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...5-Candida-diet
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...andida-die-off
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...e-Candida-diet
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ck-of-exercise
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...a%29-infection

Some of the different things people suggest in those threads are cutting out all dairy, cutting out all fruit, apple cider vinegar, consuming coconut oil, and making sure to get enough vitamin D and zinc. Like I said, I don't have personal experience with this, but I would say, DEFINITELY don't cut out read meat! Also I think it's worth cutting out the aspartame and sticking to real food.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Why do you think you have a candida overgrowth problem?

Because I have strange pains in different parts of my body, eg. feet
    I wake up with hangover (without drinking alcohol of course!) very often
    I have morning extensive thrush most of the time
    Reading about the symptoms, I see that variety of them almost covers these of candida overgrowth
    My primal eating is not perfect, but it is better than what 9/10 people eat so I should be already a little better, and I don't see it

Removing red meat from diet? That is impossible eating primal...
    Yeah!

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    I have severe Candida infections all the time. I am female so mine are probably a little different for yours. In addition to vaginal yeast infections I also get skin infections (staff). I recommend going to the doctor and getting medicine. Have a doctor diagnose you for Candida. There are a lot of things that may look like Candida in the mouth and on the skin. The only way to know you truly have it is to see a doctor.

In addition to that. If you take the medicine and continue to eat sugars (at least for me) the infections come right back. I have to cut out ALL sugar. That includes fake sugars, fruit, and dairy. Basically, just do the whole30. No cheating. Except yeast is crafty stuff so you have to do this for like 6 months. After the first 30 days you can start adding back things like sweet potatoes, and veggies with a higher sugar content, and cheese (depending how bad your infection is). But yeah. Its a bitch.

I was Candida free for a year until I was on antibiotics on and off for three months. It came back with a vengeance. Just know starting to get it back under control. My doctors say I am apparently "yeast prone" aka my immune system sucks.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

So, just bad news. I doubt more than one in ten doctors here heard of candida overgrowth. Without dairy? Sigh. That would leave me with steak, bacon, steak and steak to eat. Hope there is a prize in heaven for enduring this
    Yeah!

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    You can eat veggies, not just steak and bacon. It is low carb primal. All the non-starchy veggies you want. Chicken, pork, fish, beef, eggs...all fine.

As far as dairy goes butter should be ok...it is the milk sugars that are a problem. Yogurt is often considered ok in the second phase as long as it is live culture, unsweetened and preferably full fat.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    Leeks, mustard greens, broccoli, kale, cabbage, garlic (LOTS OF GARLIC), and a heavy dosage of spices work well on a candida diet. A couple of the spices and herbs that we use in cooking have mild to high anti-fungal properties to them (MORE GARLIC). Start cooking everything in extra virgin coconut oil, yes it's expensive but my god that stuff will kill fungi dead in it's tracks. Try keeping record of how many carbs you are getting in a day, if you can drop down to the 30g and under range while keeping the majority of your energy intake coming from fats then you'll slip nicely into ketosis (especially with all of the coconut oil consumption) which will drastically cut down on the on demand energy available for candida. While you might be able to get less strict later on for the time being really attempt to nip this in the bud and avoid ALL Fruits, Grains, Legumes AND Dairy. Mushrooms are perfectly safe to consume in spite of what some people will recommend. Most fungi produce compounds to kill off competitive fungi and bacteria also produce these fungicidal compounds. Take lots of probiotics as people with this candida crap always have some very offbalanced gut bacteria, as you build up good bacteria it will compete with the candida and also help to beat it back.

Back when I used to have that annoying "itch" deep in the skin of my feet/hands/scalp/knees/ears and I finally went on a ketogenic diet within about a month I had a massive diet that made it look like I had flesh eating disease in certain areas of my body as all of the toxins were very quickly dumped into the skin. Since then however the itching has finally gone and the damage has healed.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, I get restless legs syndrome from a hot, itchy feeling in my hands and feet. It was really bad when I was ill with celiac disease. Coconut oil makes it worse which I thought might mean I am intolerant, but could it be candida and the Co ismaking it flare up? I also get itchy inside my ears and sometimes it gets inflamed and hurts. Plus joint aches and stuff like that.
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 03-03-2011 at 03:23 AM.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I have no real candida help, but I figured I'd just repost the coconut milk coffee creamer, aka "crack", recipe here. Might make trying dairy-free a little easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast