Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Plateau page

brittanyk06 is offline Junior Member

Weight Loss Plateau

Shop Now
    I am 5'4 and 130 pounds and a size 2/4, but I'm not as lean as these stats sound; a little soft, if you will. I have been at this weight for almost a year now and it won't budge. I've toyed around with IF a bit and I've eliminated all dairy and fruit and nuts. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know weight doesn't matter but I just want to be leaner! Am I not exercising enough? I don't have access to a gym so I just do my sprints and bodyweight circuits from CrossFit. If anyone else has any experience with breaking a plateau, please let me know how I can do this. More IF? I appreciate all help.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    I just find that if I keep things to around 2 big meals a day and cut carbs a lot then I lose easily. Right now I'm at 5'6, 125 lbs, and size 3/5. My workouts are just rock climbing and yoga...Idk what to tell you about the IF, I think it helps to a point, but I can't do it for as long as many other people.

This response seems pretty unhelpful to me but I'm trying, lol

brittanyk06 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks! That was actually very helpful, also since we have similar numbers. In juniors, I am also a 3/5. I will try the two meals a day thing because right now I am doing 3 meals a day. Maybe that will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by brittanyk06 View Post
    Thanks! That was actually very helpful, also since we have similar numbers. In juniors, I am also a 3/5. I will try the two meals a day thing because right now I am doing 3 meals a day. Maybe that will make a difference.
    Yeah I wear juniors so that's perfect. It's usually 2 big meals, and maybe a tiny snack or something. For breakfast I eat a ton of eggs cooked in butter and put ketchup on them. Other meal is lots of meat, maybe a bit of veg. I do find that eliminating the dairy and nuts (besides butter) helps a lot. I gain muscle really easily as well, so that might make a difference...glad I could help though!

Karma is offline Senior Member
    If you are looking to lean out then perhaps you should consider upping the metcon work you are doing for a while. You can't really focus on getting muscular and getting lean at the same time. Higher reps with lower weights and a faster pace will get you the leaness you want. Basically, lift fewer heavy things for a while and sprint more.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'm always weary of people attempting to eat even less... if you say you IF, how far apart are your meals?

I won't speak for clymb, but speaking for myself when I say a meal I'm talking about a full meal, not a snack or anything like that, but a regular sized meal.

I wonder, and this is just thinking out loud, how training with more intensity as in, attempting to move more weight, affects women in body composition?
    I don't want you to go and train longer, but instead to train harder. I'm not sure what bodyweight circuits you're currently doing, but if you feel like they're kinda easy on you, it's probably time to consider other options. No need to abandon bodyweight work, but make it more challenging. Work towards things that build strength and muscle. For instance, can you do a pull up? if not, start working towards that. Can you do single leg squats? If you can do more than 5-10 push-ups, start elevating your feet for an extra challenge.
    Basically I'm suggesting that you start to really focus on strength, and the muscle you've built should help.

I'm a man though, so maybe these things don't apply as well to women, but it's a thought. You could just already be where you need to be, and getting leaner could risk other stuff such as fertility.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    If you are looking to lean out then perhaps you should consider upping the metcon work you are doing for a while. You can't really focus on getting muscular and getting lean at the same time. Higher reps with lower weights and a faster pace will get you the leaness you want. Basically, lift fewer heavy things for a while and sprint more.
    I'm gonna disagree. This to me translates into "kill yourself with cardio" ...

Just climb you guys, it's the answer to all life's problems

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I know, I know, I always say it's about calories. Well, it has been for me, and now my wife.

Brittanyk06, my wife is the same height as you are, and she weighed 130 pounds up until a few months ago. We have toyed in the past with the macros, workouts, and everything under the sun. She finally lost about 8 pounds simply by eating less. Yes, really, eating less. She didn't starve herself, but she did have less food each day. She has actually lost fat, and looks better than ever.

js290 is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast