Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good lord, really? page

Clymb is offline Senior Member

Good lord, really?

Shop Now
    So I posted that magazine article about how carbs are super-addicting on my Facebook, and that vegan guy Ken (I talked abotu him in another post) commented on it just by saying, and I quote, "If you ate no carbohydrates you would die from constipation."

Jesus, Mary, and Broseph.

I told him that makes absolutely no sense, and what about certain indigenous cultures who have subsisted on virtually/no carbs for many generations?

He hasn't written back yet.

He's super big on research and stuff as well, so that's why I couldn't believe that that was his response.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Good for you!!! You made the vegan quiet!!!!
    Georgette

maba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    "If you ate no carbohydrates you would die from constipation."
    Thanks for the laughs!!!

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    So I posted that magazine article about how carbs are super-addicting on my Facebook, and that vegan guy Ken (I talked abotu him in another post) commented on it just by saying, and I quote, "If you ate no carbohydrates you would die from constipation."

Jesus, Mary, and Broseph.

I told him that makes absolutely no sense, and what about certain indigenous cultures who have subsisted on virtually/no carbs for many generations?

He hasn't written back yet.

He's super big on research and stuff as well, so that's why I couldn't believe that that was his response.
    hahaha vegans are funny. I had a friend a while back tell me that the brain needs sugar to function. nonononono...
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Yeah I'm actually kind of hoping for him to write back, I'm curious to see what his argument is. He's one of those people that is always getting in vegan/political/religious/moral debates, and gets all intense about them, so I love it when I can one-up him, lol.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    well, a vegan diet can affect brain function, so we should be too hard on the lad.

(pretty effin' hilarious though)
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Quote Originally Posted by kennelmom View Post
    well, a vegan diet can affect brain function, so we should be too hard on the lad.

(pretty effin' hilarious though)
    Yeah, he has a hard-on for Gary L. Francione and I know he eats lots of grains, red wine, and organic Trader Joe's chocolate sandwich cookies.

Actually, my favorite Ken-quote, which I actually re-posted on Facebook to make fun of him, was this:

"Given that Jesus preached peace, love, and tolerance, I see nothing Christian about Chick-fil-A's discrimination against gays or chickens."

And the awesome thing is that he's totally serious too, he had not intended any humor whatsoever in that comment.

Everyone else laughed at it.

Pink Slinky is offline Member
    Yeah, he has a hard-on for Gary L. Francione and I know he eats lots of grains, red wine, and organic Trader Joe's chocolate sandwich cookies.
    I totally LOL'ed.
    Heck no, I don't want no dang turkey bacon!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    He's kind of got a point, carbs make me shit a lot more, and we all know how important it is to shit constantly. You know, to get rid of shit your body doesn't need, literally.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast