Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Women-Energy Levels vary throughout month? page

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member

Question Women-Energy Levels vary throughout month?

Shop Now
    I find that for about half the month I am pumped and have excess energy. The other half I really need to fight myself to exercise because my energy just isn't there.
    Does anyone else go through that too?

denise is offline Senior Member
    absoflippinlutely! I am weary today and when i think about it - I am about right for PMS to start up its monthly delights. I keep going - but it is harder to "enjoy" it.

I also find I am more or less flexible depending where I am in my cycle - from extremely flexible to the extent I can have problems with my joints, to only "gosh you're flexible". Sure thats hormonal too.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Most I've had is one day where I felt completely drained. Then again, I'm on week 6 of being primal.
    Georgette

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    I am noticing this too. First half of my cycle I was loving really going for it with the bodyweight exercises. Into PMS time now and I just feel wimpy and like I can't tolerate the effort and discomfort.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    yup. week before and week of menses, i'm much more tired (i actually go to bed earlier to help, and take a nap when my son does), but the other two weeks, good as gold.

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    How about hunger? I'm almost 2 months into real primal and I'm just so much more hungry right before and during TOM. My exercise remains about the same, but I'm just so darned hungry!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckmama View Post
    How about hunger? I'm almost 2 months into real primal and I'm just so much more hungry right before and during TOM. My exercise remains about the same, but I'm just so darned hungry!

Totally agree. I feel like I could eat a house. The ironic thing is that during my TOM, I do eat more than usual but I have no bloat. It's got to be the elimination of the grains. When I was eating SAD, I barely ate during my TOM.
    Georgette

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    yup. week before and week of menses, i'm much more tired (i actually go to bed earlier to help, and take a nap when my son does), but the other two weeks, good as gold.
    Me too - the few days before and then the first day or two of my period are the worst. I also get hungrier. I've been listening to my body and scaling my workouts and food intake accordingly. So, I don't do any distance running or HIIT unless I feel like it, but I try to do a lot of walking and some body weight circuits. It seems to be improving on Primal, but very gradually...
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

yes, usually the day before menses, i'm *very* hungry and nothing is satisfying. not even my favorite bacon and avocados!

and really, the level of tiredness i feel during these weeks has everything to do with whatever my stress level is. DH has been fretting about $$$, and that kind of becomes a pressure that I take on (even though he was very active in both managing his anxiety AND taking action), so i am more tired. also, last week in tribunal it was fairly traumatizing.

yeah. my yoga teaching and practice slow down a lot. it's a good clue that i'm heading toward menses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast