Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Meatza page 6

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Antihousewife, I made your meatza on Fri night! Got a stamp of approval from DH and from DD. However, next time I will have to figure out how to get the meat 'thinner'. I think I will try my rolling pin, and cover the meat with plastic wrap before rolling it out.

Georgette, the taco meatza sounds like a good idea! I am thinking topping it with salsa, and then cheddar cheese. Maybe some diced avocado after it is done cooking? Hmm.....
    Part of why I wear gloves when I work with raw ground beef is so that I can push it around with my fingers without getting it under my fingernails. Also, a larger pan might be a good idea, depending on how much meat you used.
    As for the taco pizza, it sounds good! Make me think of one they have at California Pizza Kitchen that is covered in salad, which sounds really good to me!
    "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
    "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lady_daraine View Post
    Holy cow! I'm the Antihousewife, and this is the first thread where someone I don't even know is happy with one of my recipes! WOOT WOOT! I can't even tell you guys how good it feels to know people like my stuff.
    I'm another of those unknown people who loves your recipe. Made my first meatza tonight, and it was a big hit with me and both of my daughters. It will become a staple in our household. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

jeneliya is offline Junior Member
    This pizza had no sauce, just 7 or 8 different meats piled quite high (estimated at about 4-5 inches). They then used the crust to mop up the grease that had dripped off the slices as they ate..Meatza is right here in this previous post. In this case, it was inspired by a pizza I used to order from one of the pizza places years back. Its the standard 2 pounds of ground beef (grassfed in this case), about 8 slices of bacon sliced and fried, about 2/3 of a small yellow onion, and a decent block of cheddar cheese. Then its 1/2 bottle of Trader Joes pizza sauce. I did toss all the ingredients together (bacon, onion, cheese) for a nice even distribution

josh_mc is offline Junior Member
    Awesome idea! Can't wait to try this meatza tonight!

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    I love the idea of meatza, but just keep not getting around to it.

But after being inspired by this thread, I had a pizza burger for lunch Just a burger patty with pizza sauce and mozarella on top. Not as involved, but the same basic flavors. No bun of course - with a side of salad with ranch dressing and a lime flavored sparkling water to wash it down. I think this up there in the top 5 most delicious meals since I started eating this way (well, ok, pretty much everything I eat nowadays is delish, lol!).

Nanzi is offline Senior Member
    I do add about 1 big patty of sausage to my meat. Seasonings are salt pepper, italians seasoning, garlic powder. And since tomatoes are in season,the toppings are just a touch of sauce, and lots of fresh tomato slices, fresh garlic, fresh basil, parmesan and moz cheese. Remember to cook the meat base first, then add toppings. I bake at 425, but we are doing it on the grill tonight hoping for a smokey taste with all the goodness. MMMMMeatza!!!

annieloux is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nax View Post
    Used this recipe and couldn't get enough!
    MEATZA!!! | Antihousewife
    Excuse me while I go change my chonies.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Tonight we used Justin Owing's Meatza Recipe. It was really good. We need to tweak it a bit as we found it a bit spicy (maybe fewer red pepper flakes) but it was way more enjoyable than the pseudo-crust we had tried previously. The only problem I had with it is it took an hour to prep it and about 5 minutes to eat it because it's so filling.

It looks like meatza is going to remain our "pizza" of choice.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    I've made meatza twice now, differently each time. First time pretty much followed the Justin Owing recipe. Next time I used salsa instead of pizza sauce, and substituted a mix of Mexican cheeses for the mozzarella. Basically, a taco meatza.

Meatza has become a favorite in my household. So glad to have found it here.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

skinnybacon is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sorry to resurrect an old post, but this looks delicious. I think I am going to make it with 1lb of ground beef and 1 ground pork sausage. Been craving pizza.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast