Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Meatza page 4

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by LEED3D View Post
    Wow, this looks amazing! Thank you - I will definitely be making this tonight. Never thought of making Meatza but I think this will definitely satisfy my occasional pizza cravings!
    It's amazing. I think you'll be impressed.
    Georgette

Bolivar is offline Senior Member
    Just chiming in, Meatza has been a favorite regular in my primal food list, easy to make and devilishly filling. Every grok-fan should try it out!

I took leftovers of meatza to work today and even the carbaholics were drooling!!!! That's all they got, drool!
    Georgette

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Meatza seems to have come out perfect (I'll be eating it for lunch tomorrow). But I burned the sh!t out of my cauliflower crust while the guy was installing my new dryer. We're going out to eat tonight.

Holy cow! I'm the Antihousewife, and this is the first thread where someone I don't even know is happy with one of my recipes! WOOT WOOT! I can't even tell you guys how good it feels to know people like my stuff. I know a lot of bloggers say "I'd do this even if no one read my blog" but I have to say, what makes it fun for me is knowing that people like my stuff! I checked the thread out because it showed on my blog's stats page.
    Now, I'm going to have to check out a cauliflower crust.... I've never done that before! Guess I need to be careful about burning it....
    "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
    "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lady_daraine View Post
    Now, I'm going to have to check out a cauliflower crust.... I've never done that before! Guess I need to be careful about burning it....
    Nah, you'll probably be okay. Burning food is just something that seems to come as naturally to me as it did to my mother. Must be a genetics thing. Though, if you do try it, definitely use the parchment paper underneath. I don't know that I'd have been able to salvage the pan otherwise.

The meatza - once I finally got to eat it - was delicious, but verrrrry filling. Seriously, I had one good sized piece and had to stop myself (which was a weird sensation for me, since pizza is something I used to pretty much eat non stop).

Quote Originally Posted by lady_daraine View Post
    Holy cow! I'm the Antihousewife, and this is the first thread where someone I don't even know is happy with one of my recipes! WOOT WOOT! I can't even tell you guys how good it feels to know people like my stuff. I know a lot of bloggers say "I'd do this even if no one read my blog" but I have to say, what makes it fun for me is knowing that people like my stuff! I checked the thread out because it showed on my blog's stats page.
    Stick with the meatza. Yes, I used your recipe and it totally rocks!!!! I didn't have any parsley on hand and I used basil. I also added a pound of sausage to it and it made 2. I'm thinking about making a taco meatza and also making one using grounding chicken, topping with homemade ranch dressing, jalapenos, tomatoes and bacon. I'm going to make like 4-5 bases and freeze them for use during the week. My kids said this was the best ever!!!
    Georgette

A chicken base would make a good start for a white pizza or an Alfredo sauce pizza. If you do the Alfredo, try spinach, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and mozzarella. You could also add some chopped kalamata olives. It's some really good stuff...
    Oh, and you cook them all the way, slice and freeze individually in a food sealer bag, they last a really long time and make a really easy lazy meal for when you don't feel like cooking.
    "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
    "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

john_solo is offline Senior Member
    This is our default recipe. We make it once a week, at least.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Antihousewife, I made your meatza on Fri night! Got a stamp of approval from DH and from DD. However, next time I will have to figure out how to get the meat 'thinner'. I think I will try my rolling pin, and cover the meat with plastic wrap before rolling it out.

Georgette, the taco meatza sounds like a good idea! I am thinking topping it with salsa, and then cheddar cheese. Maybe some diced avocado after it is done cooking? Hmm.....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast