Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meatza page 3

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You, ma'am, are a purveyor of pure evil - pure mouthwatering delicious evil.

Seriously, I was all like, Meatza? Meh. Until I clicked your link and saw the pictures. I already had dinner planned and ingredients bought when I read this yesterday, so I couldn't make it then. But today . . . today is a clean slate of meaty pizza[ish] goodness.

Hrm.

Now I just need to dig up that cauliflower crust thread (didn't appeal to me at all) so my vegetarians don't feel like I'm leaving them out.

[if anyone remembers the name of that thread - maybe a week or two ago - I'd really appreciate the link]

ETA - I found the LINK.

*wanders off wondering what a combined cauliflower/spinach crust might taste like*
    Last edited by brahnamin; 02-23-2011 at 05:06 AM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    To report, meatza ROCKS!!!! It was a smashing success and have been told its in the food rotation. I'm thinking about next time making a taco meatza with the ground beef.

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    *wanders off wondering what a combined cauliflower/spinach crust might taste like*
    I did make a spinach pizza here: http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot....ach-pizza.html
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I did spinach mini pizzas in the nuker once: 1 decent sized piece of spinach, smeared with sauce and dressed with cheese and meat. Nuke until cheese is melted. Roll up and it's a great sub for a pizza roll.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erica057 View Post
    Yeah, it was your site I got the idea from as I was combing for the cauliflower recipe. My wife and daughter both like spinach, but I think they'd do better easing into it. I'm back from the store and committed to giving it a go, so I guess I'll post the results tomorrow. Your blog is bloody awesome btw. I love food blogs that use, you know, actual food.

Question for you - do you think adding a bit of coconut oil to the mixture would help it crisp more, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Question for you - do you think adding a bit of coconut oil to the mixture would help it crisp more, maybe?
    Hmm, maybe adding a little coconut oil on the outside of the crust (or olive oil spray...)

The main factor in creating a crispy veggie crust (for ANY vegetable) is to drain out as much liquid as possible. The spinach crust is very, very similar to the shredded cheese crust in terms of ingredients yet it's not as crisp and I'm 99.9% sure that it's because of the water in the spinach. You could try lightly steaming the spinach first and then wringing out the liquid.

You can also make mini personal pizzas rather than one large one; I've found that the smaller the surface area, the more crispy bits there are. I do plan to try making a veggie crust in a Baker's Edge pan.

Otherwise, parchment paper, spreading it out VERY thin, and using a high oven temp are all key. Once I finish up The Great Pizza Experiment I will make a post with all of my pizza learnings
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

I liked the taste of the cauliflower crust. With the sauce and toppings, it sort of reminded me more of lasagna more than anything. I thought making the cauliflower crust was very time consuming. Meatza didn't seem so bad to me. Plus, I figure I can make some meatza bases, freeze them then thaw as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I liked the taste of the cauliflower crust. With the sauce and toppings, it sort of reminded me more of lasagna more than anything. I thought making the cauliflower crust was very time consuming. Meatza didn't seem so bad to me. Plus, I figure I can make some meatza bases, freeze them then thaw as needed.
    I agree with this, meatza is such a breeze to make!
    My primal success story

Definitely a breeze and very filling. I think the idea of a taco one would be good.

LEED3D is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nax View Post
    Used this recipe and couldn't get enough!
    http://www.antihousewife.com/2010/10/meatza/
    Wow, this looks amazing! Thank you - I will definitely be making this tonight. Never thought of making Meatza but I think this will definitely satisfy my occasional pizza cravings!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast