Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Decent Low-carb Beers? page 4

Katt is offline Senior Member

Sam Adams is a decent beer.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Geoff is offline Member

I can't believe Mark dissed my beloved hard cider. It's like being a kid all over again with "grown up apple juice."

S.S. your strategy of front loading with real beers and then following up with Ultra or Amstel or some such sounds reasonable, but after a couple of quality brews those light ones are going to taste like water.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

True Geoff. Maybe to or three double jacks after the good strong bears would do it? The power of booze will still compel you but you'll be way less picky by then.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Glenlevit 12 year old

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

To the person who mentioned Ommegang, you're right on the money. They have a couple of my favorite microbrews.

Most of my faves for fall aren't exactly low carb. Oh wait, most of my favorites YEAR ROUND aren't low carb. When I don't have a glass of red, which remains my favorite libation, I go for a stout, porter, or something amber and hoppy.

I had a Founders' Dirty Bastard (8.9%!!!!) last night in Bethlehem. Smoky, mysterious, and probably full of carbs, BUT well worth it.

g2baker is offline Member

I LOVE Micro Brew Beer and would not even look at an american beer - Yuck! Kilt Lifter is my favorite! But one day out on the golf course I tried a BL Lime (that's all they had). I was so surprised that it tasted so good. I'm glad to know that there are light beers out there that actually decent tasting! I found this link, you may take a look at it:

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm to help your make informed choices - it doesn't rate them. Now wouldn't that be a fun project? Rate all the beers on the list! Ha!

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

The matter of good stuff being up front or held for later even appears in the bible. The first miracle of Jesus was the infamous running out of wine at the wedding incident. As you may know, Jesus took jugs of water and turned them into wine.

The guests were not only pleased that all of a sudden there was a lot more wine, but they even questioned the host, asking if he was saving the good stuff for later!

Or, take E&J VSOP and pour it into that Rothschild bottle......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234