Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Ye Lost Facebook Friends page

Meadow is offline Senior Member

Oh Ye Lost Facebook Friends

Primal Fuel
    I did not want to risk responding to this post I saw this morning on my Facebook newsfeed by an old highschool friend......so I will share here . I am not about to clean out my facebook friends list based on their food choices (...yet), but it is tempting.

Highschool Friend:

"Thank god captain crunch is vegan, nut and wheat free!!!! Yummy!!"

Yes....thank god. I take it this is the franken-vegan approach.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Ew... captain crunch. BARF!

Even when I ate SAD, I couldn't stomach sugary breakfast cereals.

I bet people want to comment on my food posts too! lol
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Captain Crunch looked nasty to me when I was a kid. I get lovely comments about some of my food postings on fb, especially from one of my sisters' who keeps lovingly reminding me that if I eat this, I will have a heart attack and die. Such love we have for one another.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I’m happy to have a chef-in-the-making friend who LOVES meat and is almost primal even if she doesn’t know it. She just posted a status update saying something like “butcher interview tomorrow! Hope I get it so I can slaughter things!” and I “liked” it and she just said “you would, I’ll save you bones!”

Love it when people “get it” without having to be told about it.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniquity View Post
    i’m happy to have a chef-in-the-making friend who loves meat and is almost primal even if she doesn’t know it. She just posted a status update saying something like “butcher interview tomorrow! Hope i get it so i can slaughter things!” and i “liked” it and she just said “you would, i’ll save you bones!”

love it when people “get it” without having to be told about it.
    sweet!!!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Captain Crunch looked nasty to me when I was a kid. I get lovely comments about some of my food postings on fb, especially from one of my sisters' who keeps lovingly reminding me that if I eat this, I will have a heart attack and die. Such love we have for one another.

Did you respond with, "Well, you might be right, but don't worry, I'll visit your grave before I do so."?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    A bunch of my FB friends formed a recipe group recently. When I joined the group, I asked if I could share the primal/paleo/low-carbish foods that I've been making for my family and got lots of responses like "oh yes, please, I'm trying to eat healthy."

Now a couple weeks in, I keep getting responses to my recipes like "oh that looks really good, but all that fat?! Really?!"

And most of the recipes submitted by my friends are for sweet baked things or sweet dinner things (like chicken cooked in a crockpot with like half a bottle of Kraft Catalina salad dressing (sugar sugar sugar! And terrible franken-fats) and a can of cranberry sauce too. More sugar! A have a number of stay-at-home mom friends and they make rich, sugary desserts for their families several times every week along with homemade cookies and treats to pack in their kids lunchboxes.

They had a thread the other day where they traded recipes for their bread machines. <sigh>

I shall remain the oddball, and proud of it! And I might have to de-select myself from the group.

iniQuity, I am JEALOUS! Hard to find good stock bones without paying an arm and a leg!

I remember eating captain crunch when I was younger....I have to admit, I liked the taste, but I hated how it left your mouth feeling shredded, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Did you respond with, "Well, you might be right, but don't worry, I'll visit your grave before I do so."?
    No, I kept my trap shut.

The thing I don't understand about her....is she has an almost 2 yr old child that is still breastfeeding (yay), but apparently she is not that progressive on diet. Folks that go vegan to be 'healthier' and then eat things like breakfast cereal confound me.

I post on my own facebook wall articles, photos of food, recipes, and my own thoughts on food. But I try to keep my trap shut and not post on other folks walls my own opinions on food. I did start a good conversation with friends the other day on supplements and vit D....so I will take what I can get

denise is offline Senior Member
    FB is how I keep in touch with family in Australia, as well as here at home. My sister and BIL here - they are pB converts and doing well, we swapped recipes yesterday. My SIL and BIL in Oz, well, we eat so dramatically differently it is untrue. She "bleuurghed" one of my posts about what i was cooking!!! We had a very short post exchange where i said I was eating more this and that etc (the positive way of saying about PB to avoid all the "you cut out" things). She posted back that this was NOT for here, she would simply stick with "moderation" in everything. I refrained from asking "including rat poison" cos she's sweet. She bakes most days for her 2 boys so she "knows what goes into their treats" and cooks from scratch every day. Its so sad. All that effort and so little tweaking could reap such a major reward.

yesterday, she admitted the moderation things wasn't going well, too many cakes etc. Recent photos show the evidence.

I will stick with what I am doing, next time we visit maybe she will see I look really well etc and ask what i do and I can cook for them and show its not freakish?? BIL just lost 56lb+ in less that 6 months on CW + chronic cardio though, so probably not.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by denise View Post

yesterday, she admitted the moderation things wasn't going well, too many cakes etc. Recent photos show the evidence.

I will stick with what I am doing, next time we visit maybe she will see I look really well etc and ask what i do and I can cook for them and show its not freakish?? BIL just lost 56lb+ in less that 6 months on CW + chronic cardio though, so probably not.
    Sometimes if I know someone is looking to eat healthier, but not willing to cut out 'carbs' yet....I will recommend the Nourishing Traditions cookbook. I stress things like bone broths, cutting back on sugar, and looking at more fermented or natural foods. Its not primal, but its a baby step and how I ended up here myself.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast