Thread: Recovery Question page

brahnamin is offline Senior Member

Recovery Question

Shop Now
    So, I'm planning to up my work out to three days a week (I've been doing two days). Strength training on Monday, Conditioning Wednesday, Strength training again on Friday.

I figure Saturday and Sunday is plenty of time to rest between two strength trainings (particularly since my current fitness level is only going to allow for so much muscle abuse), but I was a little concerned that a conditioning day in the middle of the three day rest between strength days might muck things up.

For me, strength days are mostly about push ups, squats, and Australian pull ups (since I'm still a bit too fat to pull off a regular pull up). Conditioning involves kettlebell exercises (various swings, deadlifts, cleans, and presses done for time) with lunges and sprints thrown in for good measure.

I walk regularly as well, but I don't really think that that is going to interfere with muscle recovery.

My primal-ary goal right now is to lose fat, but I also want to increase strength (but not really to bulk up muscle-wise).

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Everyone's different (and will have a different opinion), but I have dropped my strength-training to one set to "failure" a week (split set, so working out twice a week for 30 min max) and am seeing nice progress. See my recent journal entries for details.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I get that everyone will be doing things differently. I kinda just wanted opinions on whether a conditioning day (light, fast paced exercise) in the middle of a three day rest period between two days of heavy training would make that rest period less effective by any appreciable margin.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Probably not. At least I haven't noticed any issues when I dance (Free-style, barefoot) between LHT sessions.