Thread: Eating Seasonal albeit Primal page

David is offline Senior Member

Cool Eating Seasonal albeit Primal

Shop Now
    My BF hasn't change in the past 6 months. Eat Primal/Paleo. To lose more BF (don't want to lose weight, though) I quit eating starchy tubers like sweet potatoes 5 weeks ago. Darn BF % looks to be the same. I'm going to try eating protein and fats, and skip carbs for a few weeks to see if this will help reduce the last of my BF% goal.
    Has anyone else done this and if so, did it work? I'm eating coconut butter for fat and a few carbs (2 tblspoons a day) and for flavor, yum!

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    When I eat super low-carb and no dairy, I lose weight like THAT *snaps*

And it is fat, not muscle tone, since you said you weren't concentrating on weight, just specifically fat

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    give us a rundown of your typical food intake, exercise, sleep, etc. so we can take a better look and give the best suggestions.

but, going very low carb should help.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    give us a rundown of your typical food intake, exercise, sleep, etc. so we can take a better look and give the best suggestions.

but, going very low carb should help.
    Food per day: Consume 125g protein (meats), 120g fats from meat, chicken, coconut oil , coconut butter, olive oil - some fish, green veggies-> 45g carbs, 1 tblespoon hummus, maybe 1 oz. of raw cheese, 7g of unsweetened chocolate, 1c coffee, and water.Ratio of around 55-62% fats, 10%-12% carbs. and the rest protein. Crossfit 4 times a week with 3-4 metcons and lift heavy 3-4 times a week too (all done in the crossfit box). Sleep 6 to 7 hours. No unusual stress. Trying If, the past 10 days. Making myself walk more on the job. Remember I'm reducing BF not weight, too much around belly button area and love handles.

Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by David; 02-21-2011 at 03:57 PM.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Might still be too much stress. If you're doing Crossfit 4x a week you may need more carbohydrates to help with recovery. You may want to try adding 1-2 hours sleep too. Overtraining and sleep deprivation can both increase cortisol level, which causes abdominal fat storage.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    Might still be too much stress. If you're doing Crossfit 4x a week you may need more carbohydrates to help with recovery. You may want to try adding 1-2 hours sleep too. Overtraining and sleep deprivation can both increase cortisol level, which causes abdominal fat storage.
    Well, if you are correct, "Ain't life grand!" Trying to do the right thing and get burnt! LOL. Maybe reduce the number of metcons, maybe 2x a week? I am going to do Mark's sprints which will be part of the 2 weekly metcons. Want to lift heavy to increase strength and range of motion. As for sleep, doing the best I can to get even 7 hours a night.

Also, I'm using the perspective: less or no carbs means my body will break down more body fat, since the body goes after carbs first.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    diet looks pretty good. you might be doing too much exercise, but i don't really think that should be keeping your body fat from dropping. the fat won't really drop off immediately...patience may be the best tool in your kit at this point.

you seem to have food pretty well under control...it might be time to try a little intermittent fasting. check out mark's recent post on it, leangains.com, theleansaloon

if you're feeling like getting a little more specific, try a carb refeed (high carb, low fat) once in a while to supercharge your leptin.