Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuts and Coffee page

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member

Question Nuts and Coffee

Primal Fuel
    "COFFEE is insulinogenic?
    "nuts are inflammatory"

I was just searching to find the common consensus on coffee and nuts and I read those two statements on the forum.
    My question is, have you guys had better success when keeping nuts and/or coffee or better results when you cut them?
    Are nuts really inflammatory? Does coffee inhibit weight loss? Have either of those questions come closer to an answer? The posts I was reading on it were pretty old.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Idk about all that, I would say that nuts are the ones that inhibit weight loss--at least in me, though I've heard it from many others. That's all I got right now bro, lo siento.

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Coffee is full of thermogenic goodness and tastes great. Drink it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7...m&ordinalpos=5

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    There was a point in my life where I tried giving up coffee because of a few things I read. Then I realized in general...it's one of those things that falls into the "ok in moderation" column. I used to down way too much of the damn stuff and if I didn't have it, my skin would turn green and all of a sudden I'd be wearing torn purple pants. It was crazy. Now, I probably enjoy maybe a cup (about a small to med) every day. I generally drink it in the morning and just use it as my rev up to start the day.

And nuts...I've heard the range of people say that they have had a hard time losing on them. They haven't really hindered me all that much. There will be days when I eat a cup of "primal granola"...and then there will be weeks I don't eat any. All depends, but I haven't had really any negatives on the days I consume them.

Dmifsud is offline Junior Member
    I have had both everyday since I started this way of life about 3 months ago, i've lost fat, gained muscle and have never felt better. I'm eating more almond butter than nuts these days, and I probably eat more than most on the forum suggest, but I love the taste and the results are great.

milkycereal is offline Banned
    Only thing wrong with nuts is that they're sorta like fruits where its really easy to overdo it. Especially because most of em come de-shelled so you can just grab a handful and then BAM 160calories.

And macadamia nuts are the WORST for that...they're so delicous and good, but one bottle of em is 1400cals, and i can eat a ton of em...

Balance is offline Senior Member
    My indulgences on the paleo diet are both coffee and nuts. Nuts should be consumed in moderation if you are trying to lose weight and to keep your O3:06 ratio low. If you are looking for the best nut options (in terms of low omega 6) try to stick to macadamia, almonds and walnuts and steer clear of peanuts. But if your diet is otherwise clean then I would think moderate consumption of coffee and nuts isn't too bad at all.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member
    And macadamia nuts are the WORST for that...they're so delicous and good, but one bottle of em is 1400cals, and i can eat a ton of em...[/QUOTE]
    Amen to that. Just bought a lil container and I cant stop eating them!!!!!!

grokka is offline Senior Member
    Nuts have omega 6, aka linoleic acid, which is quite proinflammatory.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You really should soak the nuts in sea salted water overnight and then dry in a food dryer or very low oven (170-200 degrees) for another 8 to 10hrs to get rid of the phytates. Makes them really taste great. See Sally Fallon's"Nourishing Traditions" or go to the Weston Price foundation website and look them up.
    http://www.westonaprice.org

They are called Crispy Nuts. mmhmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast