Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peregrination of an enlightened warrior page

jon tall tree is offline Senior Member

Peregrination of an enlightened warrior

Shop Now
    Since switching to the primal blueprint ive had alot more energy and find myself, training so to say, more often here and there. The problem is i do not even out my training as much as i like because i lose track of what ive done in the past few weeks. so this is to be a training log to keep myself on track, and record my progress.

I had a lack of energy today but i went to the playground did some pullups chinups dips and handstands. Ran two sprints.

Now time to get creative...

I feel so much better today. Like 100x better..

I walked to a, "gym park" ill call it, to see how long the travel on foot would be and it ended up being 25 minutes. once there i did a minute or two on the "power rower" to get the blood flowing since its pretty frigid out with the wind. Then continued to do 10 chins, 10 dips, 5 widegrip pulls, 15 widegrip pushups, 5 widegrip pulls, 15 pushups, 10 chins, followed by some L sit work, superset with one leg pushes on this swing type thing they have( mostly just did it for active rest in between) then walked a triple curved pole a few times for a finish.

On the way back i found a pond with a small wood path around it, walked on the rail of the side to practice my balance and check out the small area. Turned out the water was dirty and the trail was probably 100 m long with buildings 30ft from the opposite side of the bridge, but what can you expect in the city. Can't wait till its spring and im back home to hike the reservation near my house again.

When i got back i had a new flush of energy so i pulled out some exercise bands i have but havent used since i got them, the kind you pin in the door with clips on both sides for handles. not sure of the resistance levels ill have to look it up red yellow and blue are the colors red being most resistance. anyways did circuits of curls, overhead press, bent rear delt ext. side delt ext. then switched up ohp for pressdowns, and shoulder work for rows and flyes. finished up doing 3 sets of bulgaraian squats then ate a can of sardines.

I just want it to be spring time ...

Woke up feeling pretty crappy all stiff and creaky, ate breakfast and watched 7 pounds with my lady, but by the end of the 2 hour and 3 minute movie i felt like i had to go out regardless of the rain and get moving. So i took a little jog down to the park (about 2-3min jog) and did alittle grokhang/squat to get myself limber then proceeded to:
    5 chins, 10 wide push, 5 chins, 10 close push, 5 pulls, 10 wide push, 5 pulls, 10 close push,5 hammer pulls, 10 wide push, 5 hammer pulls, 10 close push, 3 chins with extremely slow negatives. then did a sprint walk sprint walk sprint walk around the block till i was back.
    I know my performance was not 100 % today which is sad but i couldnt let that stop me. Perhaps later on ill do another work out of some sort.

Yesterday I shoveled my driveway after 4 inches of snow and did some bulgarian squats. Later in the day i did two sets of hammer grip pulls for max.

Today I went to the park and switched off from chins, pulls, uneven chins , with alternating pushups ( close to wide). Later i went to barnes and noble and picked up a copy of Bruce Lee's Fighting Methods Complete edition, they did didnt have tao of jeet kune do to compliment it so ill have to look elsewhere. Anyways its an interesting book and ill have to read some everynight but not too much because its kind of a progression.

Yesterday I sprinted, ended up sprinting around the block 5-6 times because the park was littered with children so i wasnt going to be that creep. Did a few sets of ply push ups and australian pullups on a railing outback. Today i went to the park to attempt some pullups but i just wasnt feeling them so i came home did 2 sets of planks for 1 min each both sides too, and worked on my handstand for a bit. calves are killing me but its worth it now that i can actually run without snow and ice, it will just be awhile till its all gravy again.

mmm... two days ago. i went for a hike. in woods ive never been too. in nikes. in the snow. must say them woods was not big, for i covered most of the perimiter in alittle over an hour. in nikes. and no not nikes for sport, flat bottoms as flat as could be.

yesterday. I went for a hike in the woods near my mothers house, these i know, and these are much bigger. tracked some deer for awhile. didnt find any, just tracks droppings and sleeping areas. found a antler too 5 spikes about a foot and a half long.

today. went to the park down the street did 5 chins 6 pull 6 chins 6 pulls. later walked barefoot in the freezing temps for 45 min then worked on some weighted pullups and ring dips.

today was a busy day. woke up and went down to the park did alternated chinup pushup and pullups for a warm up then practiced one arm chin negatives. later in the day i went for a4 hour hike in the reservation near my mothers house. when i returned to my mothers house i went out back to work out. 5x 80# 90# 100# bench press, 6 x100# deadlift 5x 100# power rack with 5x5 shrugs, 5x 50# 60# standing overhead press

went to the exercise park today. worked on weighted chins pulls and ring dips. then worked on australian pullups and peck flys with my rings. came back home and tried handstand presses and can actually get 2 were as before i couldnt get one.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    You're doing quite a lot of work JTT, good on you. Those handstand presses are pretty hard. I have found that doing them with my face facing the wall when inverted (walking up the wall with my feet and walking my hands in rather than kicking up against the wall) has helped keep my spine straight. I was having some lower back pain from curving too much the other way...

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    You're doing quite a lot of work JTT, good on you. Those handstand presses are pretty hard. I have found that doing them with my face facing the wall when inverted (walking up the wall with my feet and walking my hands in rather than kicking up against the wall) has helped keep my spine straight. I was having some lower back pain from curving too much the other way...
    Ill have to give that a try, ive been having alittle lower back pain right after a handstand session, ive also been trying to do them freestanding.

As for today i didnt really workout unless you count the 100 + times i got my chin over the bar. early in the day i did two pyramids to 5 of chins and pulls and then the same thing later in the day but a few more on the pulls since i lost track. i should probably try pyramids for other movements..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast