Thread: workout world? page

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member

workout world?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    anyone go to one or have any experience with them? I might quit my current gym and start going there because the difference in $ is CRAZY! I know their business model is volume, but I just need somewhere to be able to lift, I don't need a lot of amenities and what. Plus, not too many people in general at any gym at 6am or earlier. I just don't want to find out that this place is like Planet Fitness or something and throw me out for breathing too heavy or something like that. "Planet Fitness...the judgment free zone....unless you're working out intense...then we reserve the right to judge you" (they do have funny commercials though...I will give them that)

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    ad astra per aspera

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    will have to check the vids out after work, but no, I'm not planning on going to planet fitness. a new place "workout world" opened up near me (it actually took over Gold's Gym's space) and their rates are $11 / mo. Hard to compete with that. If they leave me alone, let me lift heavy and hard (which if they took over the clients from GG.....there are lots of roid monkeys...I used to train there) and let met wear my VFFS, I will make the switch and save a good amount of $ each month.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    oh god please do not go to planet fitness.
    agreed. i was in planet fitness for a while. i did stronglifts, and when i got to the end of the beginner program and the weights got really heavy, i was spoken to about my exercises. i wasn't grunting or dropping weights or anything...but they said they didn't allow any body building. meanwhile, i was a good chunk smaller than the meatheads hogging up the squat rack doing curls.

i'm gymless now, and so much happier for it...and in better shape.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good deal Nick! If I wasn't at my crossfit I would be at 24 hour fitness where I was always allowed to dead lift in peace. Less money gym, more money feed Nick good things.

My crossfit box just received three HUGE tires today! I was so giddy when I saw them! I immediately starting flopping them everywhere like a kid in the toy store.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    .but they said they didn't allow any body building
    Grok wept. because you know, exercise is offensive.
    ad astra per aspera