Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What's in your 20% (if anything)? page 6

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I splurge on good beer every now and then. Like... Once a month maybe.

And then there are the dinners out with family and friends maybe once or twice a month. That's about it for me though these days...

I must say, I do a pretty good job adhering to the PB lifestyle as far as food goes. I rarely have processed foods, but when I do it is rare and I share it with my fiancee. Sharing some cheesecake with her tomorrow for her birthday, along with some red wine. Topping the cheesecake with fresh cherries and pineapple, yum! I agree with a previous poster, sometimes I use my 20% on being lazy... I use to be a BIG sweet tea enthusiast (bojangles and Chick-Fil-A), but after going primal it all tastes like odd flavored water... my taste buds have adapted to fatty, yummy foods, instead of the carbohydrate laden foods masquerading as yummy. Few exceptions, but for the most part, what we all would consider junk food has stayed out of my diet. Btw, anyone know of a great brand of Pork Rinds?

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Bourbon. Its my fatal flaw.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I confess... a few diet cokes when I'm outside with friends, some chewing gums and... the worse : Sometimes a little bit of Walden Farms products on carbs refeed days. How bad is it ? :x
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Any soy and wheat in the things I order when going out to eat. Also a weekly glass of wine, and times when I eat more cheese than I should. The nuts and coconut I go nuts on, I consider within 80%.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

mikezentz is offline Member
    I refuse to give up coffee, milk, and cheese.

Beer was very difficult for me to give up. We now make our own mead and wine. The length of time in-between batches keeps us from drinking very often.

We also decided that whenever we were eating out or at a friends house the rules don't apply at all. We eat all 100% primal food at home, but if a friend invites over for dinner we eat whatever they give us.

My wife switched to 70%+ dark chocolate but she'll never give that up.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Peanut butter. It'll be the next thing I give up, but I'll get back to you on when. I make the best peanut curry ever (I load it up with tons of tuna and vegetables and shredded coconut), and it is a regular staple in my diet that I always greatly look forward to. It's especially good to make in times when I stupidly forgot to thaw any meat.

I also add dark brown sugar to recipes as needed, but it's usually a tsp or less in a huge vat of food, so I don't think it's that big a deal and I don't sweat it. I've been thinking about switching to molasses, since it's just as much the flavor of the brown sugar as the sweetness I'm after. I also have local wildflower honey and organic maple syrup, but I really prefer the molasses flavor.

I occasionally give in to fruit binges. Sometimes I feel like eating 4 bananas in one day and then washing them down with a pound of cherries. Whatevs.

I largely gave up dairy a few months ago, but if I really feel like eating cheese or ice cream or coffee with cream, I will do it. It doesn't happen often (less than once a month), and my stomach hurts afterward, so it's not super tempting.

I rarely go out to eat because I've become so dissatisfied with the quality (and price) of restaurant food compared to what I can make myself. At this point it mostly just feels like being robbed.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

PrimalSexyCat is offline Junior Member
    condiments. Because I havent gotten around to making my own yet. not every day but I will have bbq sauce or mayo. and I guess pork rinds but I am not sure if that falls under primal or processed???

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalSexyCat View Post
    condiments. Because I havent gotten around to making my own yet. not every day but I will have bbq sauce or mayo. and I guess pork rinds but I am not sure if that falls under primal or processed???
    After figuring out how to make real mayo at home, the stuff in a jar just tastes like expeller pressed snot to me. I do agree about a bit of interesting spicy sauce from some ethnic grocery store. So it has evil oils in it. The quantities are not so huge as to warrant a Primal Police intervention.
    And pork rinds are 100% primal as long as they don't put MSG or preservatives in them. Just read the labels.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast