Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your 20% (if anything)? page 4

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    -Alcohol (more than I should, lately, but hey it's my last semester of my senior year of college)
    -Eating at a restaurant when I visit my mom (about once every two months). I tend towards primal dishes but don't beat myself up over a single piece of bread or tortilla, and acknowledge that a lot of the sauces and whatnot have added sugar
    -Coconut flour pancakes/muffins/etc about 3-4 times per month
    -Corn chips about once a month with guacamole and bean dip
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    For the last few months I've been 100% while healing from an injury. I have to say, I don't miss anything in the 20%. I'm sure that once I'm back to vibrant health I'll enjoy a glass of wine here or there, but nothing more.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    My 20% is trying to eat paleo when we go out to a restaurant. I know the meat most likely won't be grass fed and cooked in the proper oils under the proper temperatures. Other than that I try to stick to paleo 100% of the time.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    red wine. a few glasses a week is all. I used to drink red wine daily

Any sugar, bread or pasta for me and I will have a hangover for 2 days minimal and it just isn't worth it anymore.

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    wine (or the odd vodka soda)
    butter/ghee
    rarely, cheese
    grain-fed meats
    mayo
    whatever veg oils end up in restuarant-prepared food

I cheat on my fats and meats because the world is not paleo; I am orthodox about starch because its super easy to avoid, so I never have a potato or grain. (Although, if you eat out, I think you have to accept that at some point, there is unknown sugar sneaking into your food.)

elodie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i include chocolate as primal (the dark stuff), but my 20% consists of chai lattes, ice cream (in cones), and the occasional piece of cake and/or primal cupcake. in Feb, i've had more of this than in any other month since going primal, but i'm doing ok. it is not something that i consume regularly, honestly. if we get ice cream once a month, that's frequent. i might get a chai twice a month. cake is very rare indeed -- a few times a year maybe?

so, yeah. that's my 20%. i'm going to be cutting out chais (i'm finding them unsatisfying). i'll leave in the occasional cake and/or ice cream.
    zoebird - i used to live on chai lattes, but when i started to wean myself off them i found that a chai tea (made with tea leaves) with a splash of milk and honey was just as satisfying. Now, i tend to just drink the chai tea black, but when i feel like a nice treat, the milk and honey make it feel so decadent!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    DH and i were just saying today how our home made stuff is *just* so much more satisfying.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    My 20 is pretty big, I eat out twice a month, the restaurant tells me they cook with butter and I always order cod so it should be primal but I'm not sure. Pints of ice cream (1-2 a month) and at parties when it seems unpolite to not taste something. Oh and greek yogurt and (raw grassfed) cheese multiple times a week if that counts as 20. No bad results so far
    Billie trips balls

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    My 20% is probably more like 30% because at the moment, I am still in that phase where you discover every day that something or other has HFCS, or bad fats, or you haven't found it non-CAFO yet, or you just still have something non-Primal in the pantry (we have a big pantry) and decided to use it instead of getting rid of it, that kind of thing. I also still eat some dairy.

So, I can't really call them cheats yet. I am aiming for 100% compliance at home, but I am not going to beat myself up. Whatever I have gotten rid of here already hasn't snuck back in, and I am still replacing stuff, so I figure that after a while, I will have a 100% home.

Outside - depends. I won't be ordering pasta or bread, but my scallops came with a peanut sauce the other night on the first big going-out date with Mr. Crabbcakes in a very long time, and I enjoyed it - washed down with a French Kiss martini. If I have to wait for the next big going-out date as long as I had to wait for this one, I will be doing very well indeed. Other than that, my official "I called it a cheat" will most likely be alcohol. I don't drink much, but when I do, I intend to enjoy it.

As time goes on, my desire to "cheat", and any cravings for the bad stuff, are diminishing as my taste buds are re-educated.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    staying up too late; working too much; not enough fun/play; and cakes/cookies 1-2x per month.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast