Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossfit Gyms page

seaclam is offline Senior Member

Crossfit Gyms

Primal Fuel
    Are they worth the money? How many days do you go? What is the cost? Do they get your recommended HR too high bases on PBF? Interested in anyone's experience.

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    I would love to join a crossfit gym, but i can't due to expenses (the nearby crossfit was almost $2000 for the year i think going as many days as possible, not sure though i can find the prices anymore). There is another gym, too far away, and its $2000 for 5x a week if you pay in full for 6 months, but its still $1275 for only 2x a week paid in full for 6 months. I gather that the group classes and the availability of the great functional equipment is awesome. For now im stuck at my local gym, its not so bad though, i get most of the workouts in and i feel that im making great progress. When i get my own place im thinking that for the price it costs for a year of crossfit, you can make a great gym in your garage.

Arikara6 is offline Senior Member
    I will tell you, of the two Crossfit gyms I've been to, you will NEVER find the tribe-like feel anywhere else. Take the plunge - you will thank yourself later.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    It's worth the money. If you are interested at all, do it.

I've been doing it for years and it's the best thing I've ever done.

a_morgan24 is offline Senior Member
    I concur. Totally worth the $. I pre-pay for a year at a time for $1,700. Hurts initially coming out of the bank account but totally worth it. I try to go to 4 WODs/week and do supplemental training when I can (my affiliate has a separate room for O-Lift, basic barbell, and other classes).

RobbieC is offline Member
    I've been going 2x week for the last two years to a CrossFit box here in Austin, and I can't tell you how much I love it. Worth every bit of the $135/month. The community is what really makes it. Have become such good friends with the other athletes in my class --- but the best part is the competition we have each morning, and how we push each other to be better, faster, stronger.

And the coaching I've received has been invaluable, especially on technical lifts like the snatch and clean. Frankly, I would never push myself as hard as I do when I'm at CrossFit, nor would i have as much fun doing it.
    Striving to live a life extraordinary.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    $90 bucks a month, workouts offered 3 times a day M/T/Th/F and one time a day on Sunday. You can come to as many or as few as you want.

I love it. I would't trade it for anything right now.

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    $90 bucks a month, workouts offered 3 times a day M/T/Th/F and one time a day on Sunday. You can come to as many or as few as you want.

I love it. I would't trade it for anything right now.
    Woah dude that's so affordable!!!! Mine is $150 for a twelve visit punch card, or $100 per month for two times a week, $150 a month for three times a week or $200 a month for unlimited.

I LOVE it. I second everyone who is talking about the sense of camaraderie and the technical support. Nothing like it.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Whoa! No way I cold afford that. If I had that much money, I'd go back to a club where you can take as many pilates classes as you want (on reformers, not the floor.)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Whoa! No way I cold afford that. If I had that much money, I'd go back to a club where you can take as many pilates classes as you want (on reformers, not the floor.)
    I'm not sure you can really compare Pilates and Olympic Lifting instruction...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast