Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: Primals / Paleo ppls from New Jersey! page 5

  1. #41
    climbergirl's Avatar
    climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    251
    Shop Now
    Nope; people here live on their cereal and ramen and fat sandwiches lol. It's funny the looks I get at the dining hall when I pile my plate with meat and butter and whatnot. Skinny people stare on in jealousy as they wilt into their sad excuse of a salad and the jacked guys with their million egg whites, discarded yolks and five chicken breasts look on in confusion haha

    That's cool that your bro has season tickets; I usually try and go to the games :P

  2. #42
    NeoBerserker's Avatar
    NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Orange, New Jersey
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by climbergirl View Post
    Nope; people here live on their cereal and ramen and fat sandwiches lol. It's funny the looks I get at the dining hall when I pile my plate with meat and butter and whatnot. Skinny people stare on in jealousy as they wilt into their sad excuse of a salad and the jacked guys with their million egg whites, discarded yolks and five chicken breasts look on in confusion haha

    That's cool that your bro has season tickets; I usually try and go to the games :P
    Lol back when i ate SAD i had one of those fat sandwiches...They weren't that good. My GF just packs her own lunch when she goes to rutgers, she says people will stare at her when she occasionally gnaws on some steak in class.

  3. #43
    esloser's Avatar
    esloser is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Millville, NJ
    Posts
    83
    My brother goes to pretty much all of the games - trying to relive his college days. He bought me a Rutgers jersey one year so he didn't have to sit next to me wearing a Navy one anymore... Made him uncomfortable I think.

    I remember the days eating like that... but I was never into the whole ramen thing - that just didn't sit right in my mind. Take a brick of intertwined noodles throw in some water and microwave...

  4. #44
    afaqanjum28's Avatar
    afaqanjum28 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    44
    hey made fun of him, lol, (i know im so cool, right? ). But, on to a more relevant matter; where to get lard or tallow in NJ? I cant find it anywhere and there is barely any butcher shops near me, the ironic thing is, is that im about to try a kosher butcher,She has an account on this website, but she never uses it. I'm the one who explains all this stuff to her, but i dont blame here driving 45

  5. #45
    climbergirl's Avatar
    climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by esloser View Post
    My brother goes to pretty much all of the games - trying to relive his college days. He bought me a Rutgers jersey one year so he didn't have to sit next to me wearing a Navy one anymore... Made him uncomfortable I think.

    I remember the days eating like that... but I was never into the whole ramen thing - that just didn't sit right in my mind. Take a brick of intertwined noodles throw in some water and microwave...
    Yea, not my plate of beef... I'd take a steak over ramen any day
    Haha and yea, at Rutgers games you don't want to be caught fraternizing with people not wearing Rutgers gear... it can end badly lol

  6. #46
    esloser's Avatar
    esloser is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Millville, NJ
    Posts
    83
    Haha... well, next fall, I'll be the guy wearing blue and gold on October 15th...

  7. #47
    NeoBerserker's Avatar
    NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Orange, New Jersey
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by afaqanjum28 View Post
    hey made fun of him, lol, (i know im so cool, right? ). But, on to a more relevant matter; where to get lard or tallow in NJ? I cant find it anywhere and there is barely any butcher shops near me, the ironic thing is, is that im about to try a kosher butcher,She has an account on this website, but she never uses it. I'm the one who explains all this stuff to her, but i dont blame here driving 45
    If you find out where to get lard or tallow let me know, iv'e checked everywhere and all i can find is the hydrogenated stuff, yuck!

  8. #48
    iniQuity's Avatar
    iniQuity is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    5,683
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoBerserker View Post
    If you find out where to get lard or tallow let me know, iv'e checked everywhere and all i can find is the hydrogenated stuff, yuck!
    I found a place for ghee (to order, I think they're in Princeton and I don't really wanna drive...) but I did buy some hella hydrogenated Goya lard. I paid $2 for it so... yeah I'm gonna use it haha. I have so far been using it to fry sweet potatoes but I don't reuse any of it I dispose of it. I figure one tub won't kill a brother considering my already atrocious eating choices. There's some farms listed on eatwild.org for NJ but I think NY state is the place to look for this stuff, even some hidden little stores in NYC would have this but the source is what matters most to me.

  9. #49
    zackpassman's Avatar
    zackpassman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Know any primary care docs around here that don't give you crap for eating primal?

  10. #50
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,171
    Quote Originally Posted by zackpassman View Post
    Know any primary care docs around here that don't give you crap for eating primal?
    Yup. Scott Berk, in Hampton (Hunterdon County) NJ. He's not a primal-pusher himself, but definitely gets it.

    Just found this thread. I live in Hunterdon, work in Somerset County. Due to excellent luck, my apartment is exactly 6 miles from Mini Mac Farm, which you can find on the EatWild site, where I get a lot of my meat/proteins. I highly recommend them for sure.

    I also have a separate place that I buy lots of my beef that is 100% grass-fed, but 0% USDA inspected in Hunterdon County. If anybody wants the details (there's no website or anything) shoot me a PM and I'll put you in touch with them. Grass-fed beef from a heritage breed of cattle called Highland for VERY reasonable prices.

    I buy beef tallow online from US Wellness Meats. Don't know of any sources for lard or tallow more locally.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •