Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Primals / Paleo ppls from New Jersey! page 5

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Nope; people here live on their cereal and ramen and fat sandwiches lol. It's funny the looks I get at the dining hall when I pile my plate with meat and butter and whatnot. Skinny people stare on in jealousy as they wilt into their sad excuse of a salad and the jacked guys with their million egg whites, discarded yolks and five chicken breasts look on in confusion haha

That's cool that your bro has season tickets; I usually try and go to the games :P

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by climbergirl View Post
    Nope; people here live on their cereal and ramen and fat sandwiches lol. It's funny the looks I get at the dining hall when I pile my plate with meat and butter and whatnot. Skinny people stare on in jealousy as they wilt into their sad excuse of a salad and the jacked guys with their million egg whites, discarded yolks and five chicken breasts look on in confusion haha

That's cool that your bro has season tickets; I usually try and go to the games :P
    Lol back when i ate SAD i had one of those fat sandwiches...They weren't that good. My GF just packs her own lunch when she goes to rutgers, she says people will stare at her when she occasionally gnaws on some steak in class.

esloser is offline Member
    My brother goes to pretty much all of the games - trying to relive his college days. He bought me a Rutgers jersey one year so he didn't have to sit next to me wearing a Navy one anymore... Made him uncomfortable I think.

I remember the days eating like that... but I was never into the whole ramen thing - that just didn't sit right in my mind. Take a brick of intertwined noodles throw in some water and microwave...

afaqanjum28 is offline Member
    hey made fun of him, lol, (i know im so cool, right? ). But, on to a more relevant matter; where to get lard or tallow in NJ? I cant find it anywhere and there is barely any butcher shops near me, the ironic thing is, is that im about to try a kosher butcher,She has an account on this website, but she never uses it. I'm the one who explains all this stuff to her, but i dont blame here driving 45

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by esloser View Post
    My brother goes to pretty much all of the games - trying to relive his college days. He bought me a Rutgers jersey one year so he didn't have to sit next to me wearing a Navy one anymore... Made him uncomfortable I think.

I remember the days eating like that... but I was never into the whole ramen thing - that just didn't sit right in my mind. Take a brick of intertwined noodles throw in some water and microwave...
    Yea, not my plate of beef... I'd take a steak over ramen any day
    Haha and yea, at Rutgers games you don't want to be caught fraternizing with people not wearing Rutgers gear... it can end badly lol

esloser is offline Member
    Haha... well, next fall, I'll be the guy wearing blue and gold on October 15th...

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by afaqanjum28 View Post
    hey made fun of him, lol, (i know im so cool, right? ). But, on to a more relevant matter; where to get lard or tallow in NJ? I cant find it anywhere and there is barely any butcher shops near me, the ironic thing is, is that im about to try a kosher butcher,She has an account on this website, but she never uses it. I'm the one who explains all this stuff to her, but i dont blame here driving 45
    If you find out where to get lard or tallow let me know, iv'e checked everywhere and all i can find is the hydrogenated stuff, yuck!

iniQuity is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoBerserker View Post
    If you find out where to get lard or tallow let me know, iv'e checked everywhere and all i can find is the hydrogenated stuff, yuck!
    I found a place for ghee (to order, I think they're in Princeton and I don't really wanna drive...) but I did buy some hella hydrogenated Goya lard. I paid $2 for it so... yeah I'm gonna use it haha. I have so far been using it to fry sweet potatoes but I don't reuse any of it I dispose of it. I figure one tub won't kill a brother considering my already atrocious eating choices. There's some farms listed on eatwild.org for NJ but I think NY state is the place to look for this stuff, even some hidden little stores in NYC would have this but the source is what matters most to me.

zackpassman is offline Junior Member
    Know any primary care docs around here that don't give you crap for eating primal?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zackpassman View Post
    Know any primary care docs around here that don't give you crap for eating primal?
    Yup. Scott Berk, in Hampton (Hunterdon County) NJ. He's not a primal-pusher himself, but definitely gets it.

Just found this thread. I live in Hunterdon, work in Somerset County. Due to excellent luck, my apartment is exactly 6 miles from Mini Mac Farm, which you can find on the EatWild site, where I get a lot of my meat/proteins. I highly recommend them for sure.

I also have a separate place that I buy lots of my beef that is 100% grass-fed, but 0% USDA inspected in Hunterdon County. If anybody wants the details (there's no website or anything) shoot me a PM and I'll put you in touch with them. Grass-fed beef from a heritage breed of cattle called Highland for VERY reasonable prices.

I buy beef tallow online from US Wellness Meats. Don't know of any sources for lard or tallow more locally.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast