Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel 4:9 Bread, Primal or Not??? page

Neo
    Neo is offline Junior Member

Ezekiel 4:9 Bread, Primal or Not???

The package on Ezekiel 4:9 Bread states: flourless, sprouted grains. So is this primal food?

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Nope. Grains are not primal.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Sprouted grains are better because: 1) sprouting activates food enzymes; 2) sprouting increases vitamin content, and 3) sprouting neutralizes antinutrients like phytic acid which bind up minerals preventing your ability to fully absorb them....but in the end, they're still grains, and grains are not primal.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

milkycereal is offline Banned
    Its easier to just give up bread all together, don't try to find substitutes. If you miss fluffy goodness make a almond pancake. Take 1/3 of a cup of almonds, grind em up in a blender, take an egg and a lil cinnamon and fry it on a pan.

They're alot more filling then bread too, and they're really good.

Using coconut flour or almond flour to make home-made bread is a good way to go, in terms of health. That way you're avoiding the gluten and the lectins......but most Primal/Paleo advocates recommend not trying to create franken-primal foods to mimic the foods that you've given up. That's your personal choice though. Hell, my wife has made brownies with Almond flour before, and they were incredible!! haha.

Neo
    Neo is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the help as I am new Paleo and transitioning. I am a competitive athlete, how much should I worry about carbs?

jpatton624 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Thanks for the help as I am new Paleo and transitioning. I am a competitive athlete, how much should I worry about carbs?
    Get them from sweet potatoes, taro, yucca. Whole foods. If you don't have to lose weight you could eat around 150g a day

Phoenixflame is offline Senior Member
    Everyone is different-- some people don't need as many carbs as others. As an athlete, you're probably fairly in tuned to how your body feels. If you're feeling like a zombie during practice, consider upping the carbs. You don't need to be "low carb" to be Primal--it's just a suggestion for those trying to lose weight.

Primal carbs are yummy though! Try some sweet potatoes, yams, white potatoes, sunchokes, squashes, carrots, parsnips, and fruit. Sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon are delicious. If you've have a hard training sesh, maybe try a banana with coconut water. Electrolyte bomb!

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Not primal. But better than bread from non-sprouted grains. Just don't eat bread and get your carbs from sources listed above. It's not hard to "carb up" on primal foods if that's your goal. Also fruit, if you'd like (though some paleo folks are decidedly anti-fructose).

When transitioning and trying to make new eating habits, I found it was easier to just give up the old foods and find new ones. "paleo bread" and the like only strung me along, leaving me dissatisfied because nothing can really replace the texture gluten brings to the table in baked goods. IMO. http://www.paleonu.com/panu-weblog/2...igarettes.html
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Unrelated to thread, with apologies, but I just have to say how much I'm loving kennelmom's avatar with the '40 MPH couch potato'. Greys rock!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast