Thread: Sore gums! page

chowza is offline Member

Shop Now

I've been eating a considerable amount of meat, much moreso than usual, in the last four or five days--jerky, steak, chicken, pork--and my upper left gums have become pretty aggravated... anyone else had/have this problem? I've been flossing regularly, but the texture of the meat seems to cause it to get stuck between my teeth up there and inflame the gums a little. Any advice? I guess I'm not still not in full meat-eating shape only four months out from 12 years of vegetarianism...

Check out my blog here.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I have the same problem It seems like softer meats are a little better as it is easier to floss it out. I like to make pot roast without the gravy and eat that. It's very tender and doesn't really get stock between the teeth.

I feel for you, however. You can only sloss so much until it starts to bleed

likertj is offline Junior Member

I have been having the same problem. My left jaw is normally pretty sore. I adjusted to a bit more fish and softer/tender meat to help alleviate it. To make it worse I try to chew more gum to keep down the carnivore breath.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Well inflammation can be caused by a few different things, but the mouth is kind of special. So basics:

are you flossing? this not only helps with oral health, but good health here means good health in the heart too

Another thing it could be is just adjustment. You said 12 years of vegetarianism, thats a damn long time, maybe your mouth is just adjusting to this way of eating?

This might be going to deep, I tend to do that, but Ph levels? More meat means a more acidic body, and that could mean inflammation. Don't abandon your veggies...especially when consuming more acidic sources

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Janice is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chowza View Post
    I've been eating a considerable amount of meat, much moreso than usual, in the last four or five days--jerky, steak, chicken, pork--and my upper left gums have become pretty aggravated... anyone else had/have this problem? I've been flossing regularly, but the texture of the meat seems to cause it to get stuck between my teeth up there and inflame the gums a little. Any advice? I guess I'm not still not in full meat-eating shape only four months out from 12 years of vegetarianism...
    I have this same issue. And it results in my taking a ridiculous dosage of ibuprofen daily to make the pain bearable. Anyone have this issue and found that his or her gums did indeed toughen up after a certain lapse of time?