Thread: Six weeks in page

about time is offline Junior Member

Six weeks in

Shop Now
    I'm doing a sort of cheaters version of Primal ...

Too much beer and wine in there ...

Probably a too much dairy - organic yoghurt and cheese, a little raw milk ...

Lifting weights once or twice a week, one cycle a week, some walking ...

After six weeks I have lost 15 pounds. As well as the weight loss I just feel good as well. I enjoy the diet, is feels like a sustainable life choice rather than a "diet".

I keep saying lose the wine and cheese, but if it's working, it's working is my internal argument to that.

Let's see how the next six weeks goes

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member
    If you can lose 15lbs with wine and cheese I would keep it too. Although cheese is primal, so is the raw milk and yoghurt. It's just some of us cant eat dairy and loose. However it seems you can. So really your only cheat is the wine. If the weight loss stops at least you know what to get rid of.

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Wine isn't necessarily a cheat either. THE PB book qualifies it as a "sensible indulgence" but warns that some folks can't enjoy it if it stalls their weight loss. If it's not stalling yours and you enjoy it, don't give it up!

sanepsycho is offline Senior Member
    I have been primal for about 4 weeks and I include some dairy, potatoes and occasionally rice, and the occasional glass of wine and I have lost weight. I think everyone has to tweak what they can and can't eat according to their goals and how their body reacts.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sanepsycho View Post
    I have been primal for about 4 weeks and I include some dairy, potatoes and occasionally rice, and the occasional glass of wine and I have lost weight. I think everyone has to tweak what they can and can't eat according to their goals and how their body reacts.
    I'm with you. I have lost 15 pounds since going primal 5 weeks ago and I have ate all of that. Doesn't seem to be that any of that is stalling weight loss for me.
    Georgette

about time is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info on dairy/cheese ... I would find it tough without, so I will keep going

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    I think if you hit a stall or need to lose the 'last few lbs', you might have to drop some items for a few weeks, but it sounds like on the longterm you will maintain your weight no problem with your wine and cheese included .

My dad has done really well on primal, he likes his 'cheats', and he has found sort of his balance point with it all. He can relax, eat sweets now and again (usually a fruit and nut crisp), still have a fruit/yogurt smoothie that he loves a couple days a week, and he doesn't gain any weight. If he stalls, he fasts a couple days a week, drops a sweet treat, and wallah, he sheds a couple more lbs. He feels that on the longterm this is very sustainable for him. He can relax and not gain weight, or he can do minor adjustments to lose a few more lbs when he wants to. All in all he has lost 30lbs in 6 months with little effort, he is 64 and the only activity he has done is a bit more walking. Plus, he feels great and energized. He does notice his hunger creeps back in if he eats too many sweet items, so that is his cue he has passed his balance point.