Thread: Lamb meat, liver, heart page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Question Lamb meat, liver, heart

Shop Now
    I bought this ground mixture at the co-op. I've never had liver or heart anything, but this was pastured and $4.00/lb. So, I figured why not. Well, it rang up as pet food...lol.

What should I do with this? There are no other ingredients. Any suggestions?

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Anything you'd do with regular ground meat: chili, patties, tacos (wrapped in lettuce, of course ), meatloaf... I don't use ground meat much so my ideas are the standard, humdrum stuff sorry.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Meatballs, cooked in a middle-eastern tomato sauce? I have a recipe on my blog you might like (leave out the breadcrumbs, they're not necessary): http://food-n-stuff.blogspot.com/201...-in-sauce.html

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    I just got through eating some ground lamb myself.
    1lb ground lamb
    1/2 cup sliced onion
    1/4 cup half and half palm oil/coconut oil
    3 cloves garlic
    5 leaves of red butter lettuce
    2 teaspoons freshly ground cardamon (green)
    2 teaspoons freshly ground pink pepper
    3 Tablespoons Dehydrated jalapeno flakes
    2 teaspoons cumin
    1/4 of a lemon (juiced)
    salt

In a large saute pan I cooked the onion till it started to brown. Then added in the lamb meat and all of the spices except the garlic and jalapeno. When the meat was about 95% cooked I added the garlic and jalapeno and cooked just a minute more while the garlic/jalapeno became fragrant and the meat finished. Next I ripped huge hunks of the butter leaf lettuce and covered a large plate with the pieces. I lightly drizzled some olive oil over the lettuce, squeezed the lemon juice over and lightly sprinkled with salt. Then I topped that with the lamb mixture.

I'm currently in a bit of food bliss.

btw, I only used about half of the cooked lamb mixture on my lettuce.
    Last edited by ProtoAlex; 02-20-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton