Thread: Can't find Organic pork roll, is this good enough? page

deadeyenight is offline Junior Member

Can't find Organic pork roll, is this good enough?

Primal Fuel
    Here's what the label says (Wellshire brand from Whole Foods):

Pork used raised without antibiotics
    Only 7 ingredients
    Uncured seasoned ham
    No nitrate or nitrite added
    Not preserved
    All natural ingredients, no preservatives

Is this about as good as I'm gonna find for pork products? I haven't really seen any organic bacon or the like. What do you guys think, what are your standards for meat?

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Seasoned with what? They can hide things here. Not saying they are though. It can be a hiding source for MSG and sulfites.

I use to be able to get nitrite free and gluten free bacon and ham but it was expensive so it didn't sell well. Now that it is unavailable where I am I use prosciutto which is just pork cured in salt. Also contains pepper.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    My standards for meat? Preferably straight from the farmer who raised it. If I have to buy supermarket meat, less than $3/lb and not looking like its about to spoil.

The $3/lb is about what I pay from the farm gate, but I can't do that all that often. I just can't bring myself to pay more for supermarket meat, and quite frankly I don't have the money to anyways. As long as my freezer is full'ish, if I'm buying meat at the supermarket its only because I fancy something different and its a good buy anyways.