Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone binge this weekend? page

Anyone binge this weekend?

I'm not sure if mine would be considered a binge. I ate a lot but everything was primal except the 4 chicken cutlets I ate were breaded Did anyone go on a crazy binge? I know some of you have recently checked out "The 4 Hour Body". I haven' yet but I understand the concept of the weekly binge. I don't follow it I simply attended a family party.
    -Connoisseur Guy

RobbieC is offline Member
    I guess I sort of did. Didn't eat anything that wasn't primal, and didn't really eat much. But I did have 2 beers and 3 glasses of bourbon on Friday evening, and then 4 glasses of bourbon on Saturday night.
    Striving to live a life extraordinary.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Happily I've put the binge days behind me. I eat occasional extras but don't consider that a binge.

For me a binge was stuffing thousands of calories in my gob in a very short period of time. It was to the point of stomach pain and if I eat another bite it may come up. It was most sugary fatty junk with little protein.

reba627 is offline Member
    Ugh, yes.

Started with dinner out with a friend on Friday, sushi (we split a few rolls). Saturday night my neighbor had a wine party, I probably had 2 glasses total, but I don't drink red wine so I had a glass of Riesling and a glass of Lambic (yes, I brought the "wine" that was beer, haha) but today was a massive fail. It was my sisters birthday and I took her out for pizza and well, 6 hours and 3 deep dish slices plus a slice of Costco cheesecake later? I'm on here because of the guilt I'm feeling (and not moving because I'm do disgustingly full right now I want to puke).

I have got to be better on the weekends!!! And saying I have a busy social life is no excuse. Life is going to happen, birthdays, happy hours, wine parties, all of that. I do great when I am eating at home, and I wish I could be one of those people that can go out and try IF or just order some veggies, but I really need to get away of the mentality of "if it's there, I'll eat it".

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    if it's there, I'll eat it
    Isn't that the seefood diet? See food and I eat it.

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    Completely binged! Ate anything I wanted and as much as I wanted. Then got incredibly sick. I figured if I got really sick from it it would put me off eating bad food again for a long time. Now my goal is 1yr grain, and sugar free. Binges happen. I think I read (just today) about taking 5-htp to help with binging. I might do that but really don't like taking a lot of supplements.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't say I binged, but it was a social weekend (cooking with friends, parents visited, friend's birthday dinner, and drinking, which led to a late night diner run). Now I have a ton of leftovers and while it's not completely primal, I don't want to waste food so I'll be eating this stuff for the next few days (there is no wheat. and the rice/legume dishes are prepared traditionally).

I used to binge a lot, on sugar. I associate binging with something you do when your life is really in a rut. It's shameful and you would be embarrassed if anyone knew what you had just eaten. It's something that causes friction with your loved ones, and which you regret but can't seem to stop doing. I suppose the only part of my weekend that I would associate with binging is the milkshake I had at the diner, mainly because I shouldn't have spent money and because I was with skinny people who I felt like were judging my fat ass.

Your binge doesn't sound bad at all! It seems like you were conscious of your food choices and in control.
    Last edited by spakesneaker; 02-20-2011 at 06:55 PM.

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reba627 View Post
    Ugh, yes.

Started with dinner out with a friend on Friday, sushi (we split a few rolls). Saturday night my neighbor had a wine party, I probably had 2 glasses total, but I don't drink red wine so I had a glass of Riesling and a glass of Lambic (yes, I brought the "wine" that was beer, haha) but today was a massive fail. It was my sisters birthday and I took her out for pizza and well, 6 hours and 3 deep dish slices plus a slice of Costco cheesecake later? I'm on here because of the guilt I'm feeling (and not moving because I'm do disgustingly full right now I want to puke).

I have got to be better on the weekends!!! And saying I have a busy social life is no excuse. Life is going to happen, birthdays, happy hours, wine parties, all of that. I do great when I am eating at home, and I wish I could be one of those people that can go out and try IF or just order some veggies, but I really need to get away of the mentality of "if it's there, I'll eat it".
    ugh, same. mine were mostly ice cream (though it was organic/natural as a half-ass justification), almond butter, and coconut flakes. too much. so i covered my almond butter in duck tape and hid the coconut flakes and chocolate. those puppies aren't seeing the light of day till at least march. I need to work on ending mindless eating. any tips?

p.s. for lent i'm working on self-control and discipline. hello challenge

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Yep.
    Friday night at the neighbors house.
    2/3 of a bottle of Finlandia vodka with orange.
    5 slices of meat lovers pizza.
    Sour cream and chili dip with rice crackers.
    Three shots Butterscotch schnapps.
    Two shots Chili infused schnapps.

Followed by a purge of sorts..

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not really a binge but a pig out. Went to a crabfeed last night at ate till I was about to bust. Picked the croutons out of salad and had plenty of butter to go with the crab.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast