Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jac's 'OMG I'm doing this' journal page 3

rkj1969 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Sorry, but coconut milk in tea sounds truly awful!!
    It's super yum to me - especially in a spicy chai! mmmm

I second the dark chocolate motion! for me, it's just chocolate-y enough to satisfy the bug, without being sweet enough to set off a binge! I prefer 78% or 85%...
    ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj1969 View Post
    It's super yum to me - especially in a spicy chai! mmmm

I second the dark chocolate motion!
    Lol, I'll give it a try! I definitely need a substitute - that cup of tea is a total comfort food for me.

Going to the movies with hubby and son after work - it'll give us the lift we need, I think. I've struggled a bit this afternoon with a desire for my old standby of coke zero and chocolate. Taube's book has helped with that, though - I've had a herbal tea and some almonds instead (not quite the same ) but at least I'm limiting my insulin spike to whatever my imagination provides!! I also know I'll sleep better and be more relaxed if I don't give in to it. Might have that dark chocolate at the movies, though!!

Jac
    Quote Originally Posted by inquisitiveone View Post
    Don't let the hopeless feelings win!
    Nope, they're temporary and related to feeling really tired and sad. I'm in this way of eating for life. I have a mental image of me as a kick-ass senior, sexy as hell and so energetic that my family can't usually find me!

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Nope, they're temporary and related to feeling really tired and sad. I'm in this way of eating for life. I have a mental image of me as a kick-ass senior, sexy as hell and so energetic that my family can't usually find me!
    I have every confidence that you'll become that image.

Jac
    Food for yesterday

7.30 cup of tea, supplements (probiotic and peppermint oil)
    9.30 at work chicken, prawns, green veges, olive oil, mayo and chilli sauce
    10.30 pear
    2.30 herbal tea and handful of almonds
    5.45 roast pork, peas, carrots, 1/2 kumara, apple juice, apple sauce
    6.30 2 pieces 82% low sugar chocolate

I bought more supplements to start today.

Today, 1130am, haven't eaten yet, but have slept really well so it'll be a better day today.

It occurs to me that I'm trying to do 2 things at once - shift to the PB lifestyle, and go low carb to lose weight. I was rereading my post and feeling diet-guilty about the fruit juice, which is hopelessly counter the low stress, loving life approach I'm after. I do want the weight loss, but to be perfectly honest if I increased my energy, felt rested every day, and decreased the tummy and foot pain, I'd be really pleased.
    Last edited by Jac; 02-24-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Thought of something else!

I'm also doing the low carb version of Primal, so I just leave off fruit entirely - except for berries w/coconut milk (yum).....but I came to primal from Atkins - so I already had the low carb part down.....since you're coming the other direction, maybe get the Primal part down before you cut more?

Say no to food guilt! Just evaluate how you feel after the choices you made - you can always make different decisions tomorrow! Hang in there!!

I stay under 50 carbs per day, usually around 20 - and have lost 30 pounds so far! now working on the next 30.....
    ~Rhonda

Jac
    Wow, Rhonda, that's amazing!!

Yeah, I was feeling overwhelmed by the changes, and decided to do them a step at a time. But now I've just finished listening to Why We Get Fat, and I'm overwhelmed again. Oh, and I just had breakfast and realised I really don't like bacon and eggs!! Bacon is waay salty, and eggs are rich. If I eat eggs for breakfast, I'm often mildly nauseated for up to 24 hours. Finding a balance is a moment by moment thing!!

I agree - I can't do bacon til after 10am either!

I do a protein shake for breakfast that I love a lot - the powder is called Zero Carb Isopure, pretty sure it's online if you can't find something similar. I mix it with water and coconut milk (3:1) and it doesn't give me any lactose intolerance issues! keeps me full for at least 3 hours - at which point I'm usually ready for a macadamia nut and coconut flake snack! haha

Hang in there - you'll find your way!!
    ~Rhonda

Jac
    Is the Zero Carb Isopure made with whey?

Suse is offline Senior Member
    oh my lordy, you dont like bacon and eggs!!! I would die without these two things in my life. I am prone to exaggeration

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast