Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated.. Primal, BUT on the weekends.. page

traintolive is offline Senior Member

Frustrated.. Primal, BUT on the weekends..

Shop Now
    Hey guys!

I'm really frustrated. I'm an 18-year-old male and never had problems with my weight, but wanted to cut down on unnecessary fat and get a sixpack. Since I've been primal, you could almost see it and a lot when I would flex -- the only thing that doesn't look good, is that little bit of belly fat at the bottom.
    I am pretty strict about being primal, except for fridays (1 meal not primal) and usually get drunk once or twice on the weekends (I usually drink something like whisky-cola or vodka-energy, beer, wine, etc.)
    I really drink a lot then, but is that really why the little rest of fat won't disappear???
    Grok from Germany

Primal since End/Beginning of 2010/2011

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I think you know the answer to this question already. But just in case...

If you aren't meeting your goals, then clean up your diet, every day of the week. I think primal during the week and then heavy drinking--particularly things containing cola!--is likely to be the worst of all worlds. Be kind to your body.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    How much do you eat? When you drink, do you eat less to compensate or do you eat the same amount? Remember that alcohol is a source of calories. I'm assuming it's actually fat and not a bloated lower belly.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    How much do you eat? When you drink, do you eat less to compensate or do you eat the same amount? Remember that alcohol is a source of calories. I'm assuming it's actually fat and not a bloated lower belly.
    Well it depends, I try to skip a meal or eat less when I drink, but it's hard.
    Grok from Germany

Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    I think you know the answer to this question already. But just in case...

If you aren't meeting your goals, then clean up your diet, every day of the week. I think primal during the week and then heavy drinking--particularly things containing cola!--is likely to be the worst of all worlds. Be kind to your body.
    Well I wanna have fun and drink when I am young. I know drinking isn't good, but that's not the topic. But could it have so much influence on my belly?
    Grok from Germany

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by traintolive View Post
    Well I wanna have fun and drink when I am young. I know drinking isn't good, but that's not the topic. But could it have so much influence on my belly?
    Yeah, I definitely have a harder time dropping fat when I'm drinking regularly. Alcohol can have interesting metabolic effects.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yes, honey, that's why they call it a "beer gut." and, btw, it even more greatly affects females than males, because females metabolize alcohol completely differently from males.

alcohol is 9 calories per gram -- higher than anything else (fat, carb, or protein). it's easy to over-consume -- being liquid and a buzz-producer.

so, yes, it totally affects your stomach.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Just like others have said if you want that perfect physique you are going to need to get cleaner with your diet. You can still drink but maybe you can cut down on it a little. Robb Wolf has a recipe for his "Nor-Cal Margherita" which is pretty clean for an adult beverage. But he even recommends not having more than 2 in one sitting. It is nice that you are 18 and can legally drink in Germany
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

ilikesubtitles is offline Senior Member
    Another thing that may be screwing with your body a LOT is the energy drinks you're drinking with booze. That's just a bad combination, no matter what diet you follow, and they're usually also loaded with sugar, like coke. If you're going to drink, at least go for low- or no-sugar mixers. I drink as well, as someone who's younger and goes out, but I know sugar with booze will just make me feel and look flubby.
    I don't own a scale and don't care to!

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Have you thought about going VLC? (very low carb)? For some people that seems to help shred off the fat.

Here's what Mark says about the booze:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-much-is-too-much/

He also says this: "Very few people can achieve that ultra-ripped, Men’s Health cover model look without significant, painstaking adherence to a strictly regimented program."

in this post: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/carb-...d-weight-loss/
    Last edited by me2; 02-20-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast