Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I doing this right? page

Prime is offline Senior Member

Question Am I doing this right?

Sometimes you just need a little guidance, and reassurance. I can't help but wonder if I'm doing this right... there's so much information from the forum and MDA and maybe I'm having trouble absorbing it all!

I'll outline typical daily diet and weekly exercise. I'm open to all opinions, so please don't hesitate to comment. My goals are to cut some body fat and get stronger and healthier. Trying to make changes in my diet that will last a lifetime. My current stats: 5'6" 25 year old female, 108lb, 17% body fat (according to bathroom scale).

Diet
    Breakfast: about a half cup of blueberries and a quarter cup of walnuts or pecans, with a couple tablespoons of full-fat yogurt. Black tea with a teaspoon of honey. Some days I'm not hungry in the morning and I just have the tea.

Lunch: 2 eggs, either in a spinach and veggie salad or as egg salad with mayo. I sub this for chicken salad some days. On my days off I might have bacon and eggs instead.

Snacks: I eat a banana every day. If I made a list of my top 10 essential foods, bananas have always been on that list! Might have it with some nut butter. If I get hungry again before dinner, I'll eat another hardboiled egg. I easily eat a dozen eggs during the work week!

Dinner: Usually baked fish and sauteed veggies. I was a vegetarian... I enjoy fish and am starting to work other meats into my diet. Going to try chicken breasts and pork loin instead of the fish from time to time. Not ready for steak, yet!

Dessert: If I want something sweet after dinner, I'll have a small piece of dark chocolate and a couple strawberries or a pear sauteed in butter with cinnamon

Exercise
    During the winter months I don't really get outdoors for exercise. During the spring and summer I like to hike, walk, and ride my bicycle. I work four 10-hour days, and I may sit down for 3 of those 10 hours (not consecutively!). I do the 5 essential movements of LHT 2-3 times per week, and once per week I do 20 minutes of plyometrics or some jump rope.

There you have it! I'm tired of analyzing and reanalyzing... somebody please weigh in and put my busy mind at ease

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Are you cooking in fat? Because if not, it doesn't seem like you're getting enough fat or calories. Other than that it looks good...I don't think at 5'6 and 108 pounds you need to cut fat, but maybe focus on adding muscle.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    everything looks pretty good, but if one of your goals is to lose body fat, you could reduce the carbs a little bit. your daily banana would be the easiest cut, but other fruit and nuts carry a decent amount of carbs too. it doesn't really look like you're eating too many though. i think as you continue to try more meats, you will find that you're naturally going to enjoy getting your protein and fat from those sources.

your activity looks really good. hopefully you'll get to move slowly a little bit more as the weather turns warmer.

do yo play? sleep well? those are just as important. i'd say you're doing really well. no need to analyze anymore...just keep doing what you're doing and have a good time. this should not be stressful at all. in fact, the most important thing you can ask yourself is if you are happy and feeling good.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Your diet sounds fine if you can tolerate that fruit without any issues. You certainly don't look like you need to lose body fat from your pic, you look GREAT!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    My current stats: 5'6" 25 year old female, 108lb, 17% body fat (according to bathroom scale
    At this height and weight I don't see you having any spare body fat. Your diet looks more like a calorie restricted no grain diet. It's a bit carby with quite a lot of fruit. Is there any chance of an eating disorder?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Is there any chance of an eating disorder?
    How did you jump to that conclusion?

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    How did you jump to that conclusion?
    Small portions, minimal fat, seemingly unrealistic appraisal of body fat at 5'6" and 108 pounds.

Pitter is offline Member
    when you say you want to cut body fat, do you mean you want the 17% to be lower or just that you want to be able to see your abs better or something?

Both your total weight and body fat % are already quite low. Like someone above said, maybe focus on trying to add some lean mass.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I think it's going to be hard to feel good while dropping any more body fat. You NEED some fat.

Is there a particular part of your body that's bothering you? Both health-wise and appearance?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Small portions, minimal fat, seemingly unrealistic appraisal of body fat at 5'6" and 108 pounds.
    She eats more than I do and I definitely don't have an eating disorder. Plus she's eating eggs, mayo and full fat yoghurt- that isn't minimal fat.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast