Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dropping nuts and dairy for weight loss page 2

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I dropped nuts and dairy, but not coconut products (I don't use a whole lot other than oil and milk, and even that isn't a ton.) I kept grassfed butter.

Didn't see any difference in weight, etc. but noticed some subtle changes in how I feel. Enough to keep dairy and nuts as "condiments" rather than a huge portion of my daily intake as it used to be. I'm not sure why I didn't see the dramatic effects that others are seeing. I was hoping it was the "thing" I needed to drop about 10lbs of fat, but no such luck. Just one of those things, I guess

Oh, and I drink my coffee black. I think the little bit of cream in coffee wouldn't be a big deal unless you're super sensitive to dairy, in which case, you'll probably see the dramatic results and not miss it one bit!!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    I was hoping to be able to keep coconut flour and coconut milk. I have 10 more lbs to lose and am stalled.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I hit a plateau for a month or two so I stopped all snacking which meant I cut way down on nuts, chocolate, wine and left in limited dairy (a little yogurt here and there, some butter, and cream every day in my coffee). I dropped a half inch off my waist in just a few days. I try to go 5 or 6 hours at least between meals. This is supposed to help your leptin levels get straightened out. It works like a charm for me and I still get to have some fun with a few nuts in a meal and a little piece of chocolate at the end of my meal if I really want it.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    I was hoping to be able to keep coconut flour and coconut milk. I have 10 more lbs to lose and am stalled.
    I cut out all coconut products except minimal cooking oil for the "home stretch" and all dairy and all nuts. Dairy just makes me bloaty. It's not something that bad but once it's gone and I tried to re-introduce dairy back in, I really noticed.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Nuts and nut butters stalled my progress. (can't chew coconut cuz of braces so can't add them to list)
    Milk (even raw) stalled progress trying to go from normal weight to ideal weight).

Cutting out both made me reach my goal.
    My ideal weight female, height 175cm = 63kg (138 american lbs or 126 european pounds). I am currently right on it...perhaps a bit on the low side of 135american lbs (61-62kg).
    Need to lift some heavy things and gain some muscle.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    - did you also drop coconut products? Nuts, milk, flour
    - did you also drop heavy cream for coffee?

Nuts are pure evil as far as I am concerned, I have never understood just how addicted I was and how much I was eating till I cut them out.

I've never used coconit flour or nuts, and I maybe have a tbsp or two of coconut milk a week still
    I have never used cream of any kind. I dropped coffee last week, it was a good thing to do. Coffee impacts blood sugar, and now I drink far more dandelion/chicory & herbal & green teas that help with water balance, instead of stalling it, and my energy level is natural.

I did not drop dairy. I eat quark made from kefir, I have ~ a cup during carb-up days. I used skim milk for the first time in months during this carb-up. I think dairy helps weight loss, actually, just the type that you do not overeat, and only on the heavy excersise days when you need isnsulin/carb whatnot.
    Last edited by Leida; 11-20-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Nuts are pure evil as far as I am concerned, I have never understood just how addicted I was and how much I was eating till I cut them out.
    +1

Currently just dropped dairy so i will see how it goes. dont do coconut flour as it means baked goods. kids wont eat anything baked with it either. got coconut cream and oil in my coffee creamer to help me get thru my no dairy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12