Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light shadow boxing VIDEO for your amusement

Light shadow boxing VIDEO for your amusement

Shop Now
    A friend taped me warming up with some shadow boxing with a buddy at the gym. I did not even know it was being taped so nothing is contrived for the camera. The video shows parts of a 3 minute round and we're not going at full speed for safety. In addition to bodyweight strength training and total body conditioning, this is what I do for fun. The round started off with boxing but the partner asked for some lower body work at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThW2TruB68E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JzyEcj_NJQ

Victor

Good stuff dude, some nice kicks in there. What's your style? (got to link here whenever I ask that question...)

That does look fun! Wish I had a partner. I have to kick and punch a padded wall, which does absolutely nothing for the reflexes, of course.

Just head out and kick random strangers. They'll all react in a very different way, which is actually better for the reflexes than a sparring partner.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

PrimalFist,

No real style I'm afraid. Took some chinese kung fu as a young kid whose forms and katas I have long forgotten. Most of my kicks are just what feels natural to me. Tae Kwon Do kicks are snappy require a distinct chamber before delivering the kick itself. If I had to associate with any one "style", I would choose Thai boxing or Muay Thai. The boxing is western styled.

I thought the kicks looked quite Chinese-style, but then you threw me with the Muay Thai knees near the end. I'm a TKD man myself so anything with nice kicks just gets my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    Just head out and kick random strangers. They'll all react in a very different way, which is actually better for the reflexes than a sparring partner.
    Grumpy beat me. I was about to answer "Wasn't that a Fight Club homework assignment?"

Nice, I like your form. Oh, it makes me miss my TKD days!!

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbwifemama View Post
    Nice, I like your form. Oh, it makes me miss my TKD days!!
    I say to you what I say to anyone who makes that comment: get back to it!!!