Thread: The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil page

Pink Slinky is offline Member

The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil

Primal Fuel
    So, I'm jumping right in after lurking for a few weeks. *waves enthusiastically*

Bare bones info: Lost ~45 lbs. LC. Started at ~230ish, and got down to 190ish, but have spent the last two years in an extended stall. Had not been able to bust through 190. I'm 41, 5'8", no idea what my BF % is, and am a little scared to.

Stumbled on this site, and have been gobbling up the info (pun intended ). I am one lucky girl in that I live in a rural area and I have grass fed and finished beef less than a mile from home, and a farm right up the road that sells raw cream, and free-range eggs and butchered chickens. And they really are free range--I had to wait for one to cross the drive last time I was there. lol I've lived here seven years and never knew these farms existed until about three weeks ago when I went looking. *facepalm*

So, here's my nutritional comment/question/confession: After eating clean for a couple weeks now, the family and I spent an afternoon together and the concensus for lunch was our favorite fish-fry place. (BAD, BAD mommy). So, I ate from the tree of fried foods (fish, potatoes) and now I KNOW that soybean oil is the pi** of Satan!! Holy mackerel, I feel like utter crud...burping, nauseous, head-achy. So tell me, veterans, how do you navigate the world of "fine" dining? It's unrealistic to think I'll never need restaurant food again, and, well, I'd be willing to use some of those times as an IF, but it won't always be realistic. Thoughts?

Oh, and a quick sidebar: Since cleaning up my eating via PB, I've broken past 190 and dropping down to the 180's. *small woot*
    Heck no, I don't want no dang turkey bacon!

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on breaking the plateau, and I must say that I'm pretty jealous of your local food supplies!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Slinky View Post
    So tell me, veterans, how do you navigate the world of "fine" dining? It's unrealistic to think I'll never need restaurant food again, and, well, I'd be willing to use some of those times as an IF, but it won't always be realistic. Thoughts?
    Yeah, it is unrealistic. Obviously there are basically 3 ways that you can approach eating out:
    1)IF (pro: IF; con:socially unacceptable)
    2)Find the most primal thing on the menu (pro:compromise; con: sometimes close to impossible, and sometimes you just want to eat whatever you want)
    3)Eat whatever you want (pro:eat what you want; con: maybe feel shitty after)

That's basically what goes through my head when I am out with friends and family. I usually opt for #2, but it depends on the time, place and how I am feeling in general.

Hope that helps

Pink Slinky is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lcme View Post
    Congrats on breaking the plateau, and I must say that I'm pretty jealous of your local food supplies!
    You be jealous of my food supplies and I'll be jealous of your biceps!

Thank you lcme, that was very helpful. I guess we just do the best we can, huh?
    Heck no, I don't want no dang turkey bacon!