Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neanderthals Might Not Have Been Human?

Neanderthals Might Not Have Been Human?

Shop Now
    Check out this really interesting video about a theory on how neanderthals may not have been human, covered completely in hair, and cannibals/vicious carnivores. Pretty cool stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZbmy...layer_embedded

What is their genus?

Gordo

Their genus is classified as Homo, so they would most definitely be human, but it's possible they would need a reclassification if this theory is true. However there is also evidence of intermingling of Neanderthal and human DNA, which means they would most definitely be human. But I don't remember the video saying they're not human, just that they didn't look like humans.

But what I really wanted to say is this: So badass...

Reavers!

Interesting.

eraserheadgirl Guest
    This was really interesting. I always thought it was funny when they portrayed Neanderthal children in diapers. I do know some human males completely covered in hair, however...

Interesting. I've always thought the human ancestor thing hard to buy. I didn't know about the interbreeding though,w hich is rather disturbing. I thought it was interesting when he showed all those scary images- they never showed one of the Grey ETs, which have huge eyes like the neanderthals did.

I love thinking about this kind of stuff. Always more questions than answers...

Jotuns.

I remember seeing that video a few months back. I'm very interested in reading the book and see just how sound the theory is. He makes a compelling argument imho. And at the very least I get a smile out of it all.
    Homo sum, humani nil a me alienum puto

Never heard of the guy. Is he a pillar of the scientific community, or one of the lunatic fringe? (You know, like us.)

Shop Now
    Awesome!