Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Denise's "better late than never" PB journal page 3

denise is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I love being strong. I'm not talking about the aesthetics of it... just knowing I will be buff and badass again makes me inordinately happy. Humans should be performance animals. And I will be in great shape to heft my kids around, play, do all sorts of fun stuff. Oh, and deliver beatdowns to bad guys as needed. Yep.

Hopefully I'll never really have to pull a plow though -- sounds difficult and boring!
    I LOVE the "how the hell do you lift that" comments I get from women - and men. My husband gets "changing room comments" about how strong his wife is!! Like you - I like strong just for itself (not to mention when carrying shopping bags up steep stairs etc). I also hope for the aesthetics of course - and do you know (I will be posting more about this) I do believe I am beginning to get some results!

I have a definite mental image of myself running across a field with a plough, leaving large horses trailing in my wake

I have been irritatingly cheerful today - I couldn't immediately thnink why, but the longer i thought, the longer my list got.
    SO, here is my "reasons to be cheerful" list.

1. My husband tells me every single day that he loves me, that I am the most beautiful, sexy woman in the world.
    2. I am content. Every day i wake up balanced like this is still a source of joy and amazement to me.
    3 I think I may just be "changing" For the second time this week i have been asked "have you lost weight?". Of course I have no idea, but as toning up is a goal for me long term, this is nice to hear. I also had some lovely compliments about my skin today (I'm on a roll!)
    4. Its a beeeooootiful day - a real taste of spring (we have heavy rain forecast for tomorrow - but thats tomorrow).
    5. I love my food - I look forwards to it, I enjoy it, it makes me feel good.
    6. I'm not in Libya (or anywhere else going thru the utter turmoil there is in parts of the world right now).

That'll do for now - I risk being nauseating

batty is offline Senior Member
    pass the barf bag plz

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    pass the barf bag plz
    told you I was irritatingly cheerful!

barf bag with grok logo on its way!

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    Huzzah for being cheerful!

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitiveone View Post
    Huzzah for being cheerful!
    and for those who found it nauseating - s'ok. PMS is on its way - at which point I will turn into someone who rips peoples heads off and drinks the spurting blood!!

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denise View Post
    and for those who found it nauseating - s'ok. PMS is on its way - at which point I will turn into someone who rips peoples heads off and drinks the spurting blood!!
    Yikes! :sprints away:

(There are some benefits to being post-menopausal. Thank you for reminding me of that!)

Sleep good, could've done with a bit more but got up to make Primal breakfast and packed lunch for husband.

Mood "irritatingly cheerful/positively perky". Making the most of it!

1st meal 13.15 5 small pork ribs and 2 small chicken thighs, rubbed with salt & pepper, oven roasted + steamed cabbage and sprouts mixed into fat in roasting pan
    2nd meal 18.10 roasted lamb shank + steamed cabbage, cauli and broccoli mixed into pan juices (this is currently my favourite way of adding fat to veggies).

No need for snacks today

Lots of herbal and green tea + water

Exercise
    walking on treadmill 40' varying speed and incline (max 15% incline at 6kmh, max speed 7.5kmh on "way back down" to 3% incline) + 5' gentle jog at 9.5kmh to test my knee. It was fine.
    spinning 30' no HR monitor as I forgot to put it on - but I worked HARD.
    Body Pump 60' weights as Monday except put squats up to 12.5k each end. Knee was fine

Supplements - all usual + 50mg 5HTP

Day 20(34) of whole(44)

Think some of my tummy trouble may be not chewing all that fibrous veg enough??

Oh, and the supermarket that put sugar in the frozen berries and hadn't listed it on the ingredients?? I got a "goodwill gesture" when I went into the store - I chose a bottle of 18 year old malt whisky. I am now "wife of the year" - and its Primal (in 80.20 terms for sure). Result!!
    Last edited by denise; 02-24-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    I've found that really chewing your vegetables is important - I know my stomach doesn't like it when I try to inhale broccoli instead of chewing it. Eating slowly is a great habit to work towards, although I tend to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Enamel View Post
    I've found that really chewing your vegetables is important - I know my stomach doesn't like it when I try to inhale broccoli instead of chewing it. Eating slowly is a great habit to work towards, although I tend to forget.
    I really tried tonight, concentrated on chewing it all - but theres a LOT of fibre in all those veggies (and I do love my veggies).

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast