Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to shoot holes in my plan? page

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member

Anyone want to shoot holes in my plan?

Primal Fuel
    I want to do a week of very minimal eating in terms of types of foods.
    My basic idea is meat, green leafy veggies and avocados.

I'm thinking a pound of greens and a pound of meat a day. Also fish oil capsules and I might do a multi vitamin. I might also add eggs into the mix if needed.

In general that seems to bring me to around 1300 calories a day so I may have to add in some extra fats (bacon grease on my greens!) or eat more fatty meat like pork or ground beef.

I'm planning on doing this for a WEEK only. As an experiment. And also as a fairly complete elimination diet. Then I want to slowly (maybe 2 types of food a week) add back in other veggies, nightshades, a little fruit, nuts, etc.

Any big problems you guys see with this plan? Or suggestions?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    It sounds exactly like the Whole 30 regimen.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Not really because I'm not going to eat ANY veggies except for leafy greens and NO fruits except for avocados for the first week.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    If you want it as an elimination diet, I think two foods a week could be too much - don't you do one at a time (as opposed to adding nightshades, then adding nightshades and dairy, then adding nightshades, dairy, and nuts....)? Or have I misunderstood?

Well I will add them one at a time but probably 3-4 days apart so 2 foods per week. There is a birthday party coming up where I will probably eat anything so I want to have added back those things in a controlled manner first. I so far have not noticed any particular sensitivities to anything but this will be the most comprehensive elimination I've ever done too.

Pitter is offline Member
    I too think that's too fast for an elimination diet. For example, add a dairy food one day and wait a couple days and try a dairy food again. Each food should be "challenged" more than once to make sure that you do or do not tolerate it. Then you can move on the the next food in another week. Elimination diets are a tedious pain, but if you're going to do it you might as well do it carefully.

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    What you are describing--meat, eggs, greens, avocados, and fats (bacon grease, butter, some coconut oil, some olive)--is exactly my average daily diet. I love it. Oh, and hot sauce.

Ok. I'm less worried or interested in the adding things back in part of the plan and more interested in seeing what my body thinks of a super limited diet. (Really hoping to avoid the eggs even) Now I'm assuming that since it's just one week it pretty much wouldn't matter what I'm eating. But are there any concerns that people know of with eating that much meat for instance. Vitamin A was one thing that came up in my mind since its prevalent in meats.
    Last edited by Noctiluca; 02-19-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin A is concentrated in liver, so as long as you don't go nuts on that I don't see a problem

denise is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    Ok. I'm less worried or interested in the adding things back in part of the plan and more interested in seeing what my body thinks of a super limited diet. (Really hoping to avoid the eggs even) Now I'm assuming that since it's just one week it pretty much wouldn't matter what I'm eating. But are there any concerns that people know of with eating that much meat for instance. Vitamin A was one thing that came up in my mind since its prevalent in meats.
    not sure why you would do this really - borderline "fad diet" sounding to me. BUT your body is yours to experiment on I guess, just not sure what you will learn at the end of the week. You're sure its not just a way to "cut calories" and deprive yourself cos that what you "should do"?? If these are favourite foods that you love and would choose to eat every day cos its what you want - like Orchid - thats different!

One week won't hurt you in vitamin terms I don't think - but doing this would have me craving "forbidden" foods, bolster my sense of failure potentially (if I ate a nut or a bit of carrot) and set me up for the mother of all binges.

You, of course, are you and not me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast