Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: zero carb? page

Talking zero carb?

Primal Fuel
    Hello Folks! Trebleclef01 here. Still working out and still plugging along with the PB diet. I started around October and lost a few lbs. the first week then nothing. So I started doing HIIT workouts, cut out nut butters and went almost dairy-free. I've built quite a bit of muscle in the upper body and lost about one inch and a half. In the past two months the scale has gone up and inches have gone nowhere.
    Needless to say, after five months it's frustrating. So I'm thinking of going zero carb for a while and fasting here and there to see if that works. Zero carb is under 10g, right?

The other thing I was thinking is that I may not be exercising enough of that whole patience thing with this. A lot of us always want it now! That's one of the only things that kept me going the first time I lost weight. The mentality of "It took my x amount of years to get this heavy, it's not going to change overnight."

milkycereal is offline Senior Member
    Im not gonna be the first to tell you here that the scale went up because of your muscle gain. Im pretty sure muscle weighs more than fat too.

It helps to go by the way you look in the mirror/clothes. Thats whats most important anyway right?

IMO zerocarb is kinda tough. It can be done but it might not be the most enjoyable thing in the world.

I say if you really wanna drop weight, drop all fruit/nuts/dairy, and get satisfy any and all carb cravings with unlimited veggies. Then eat fatty cuts of meat.

Eat a starchy sweet potatoe with your meal after workouts and your set

milkycereal is offline Senior Member
    Also I'd workout intensly just 2-3 times per week to build lean mass (your body uses up more energy when you got some muscle) and then walk every other chance you get. Like as much as possible. Walking great for you on many levels; you burn a few extra calories, yur not sittin around all day, your gettin outside gettin some air/sunshine oxygen to the brain all that good stuff.

I know its cold out, where a hat.

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget to sleep enough and sleep well. Stress less too. Get as much sun as you can without burning.

For me, these factors were as important as diet and exercise in getting me down to near 10% body fat.

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    What's a few pounds? what are you expectations?

I went primal in Oct as well, dropped about 20lbs and lost about 2in on my waist. Now I'm just going by the mirror.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I had a similar experience and realized I didn't have enough of a calorie deficit.

You may not need to go "zero carb". Going very low carb (under 50 g/day) was enough for me to painlessly drop my calories down to the point I started losing.

What are you eating? What are your stats (height/weight/gender/age)?

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    "Im pretty sure muscle weighs more than fat too."

A pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat but a pound is a pound whether it is rocks or feathers.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    DO NOT judge your diet on the scale. Yes, i believe you should keep track of your weight, BUT it is not a good indication. Measuring yourself is much better or even the mirror as milycereal said.

Also, working out after a fast, i feel, produced some of the quickest results. (just don't go overboard)

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Try rotating in carbs. Like do a day of VLC and then do a day where you eat a few potatoes. Have you tried intermittent fasting?

Personally, I love VLC, because it's so easy, but you still need a caloric deficit to lose weight on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast